Forums Latest Members
  1. torydom Jan 22, 2016

Hello everyone. I have just inherited an Omega watch from a grandfather who sadly just passed away. I am looking to sell the watch but do not know much about it, the details etc. If anyone can help and suggest a fair price then I would be very appreciative.

image.jpeg image.jpeg
  2. hugo Jan 22, 2016

I recommend you put it to auction on eBay, probably you will get fair value of that. It seem to be better that you will get the price that someone has willing to pay not only to say.

3. torydom Jan 22, 2016

Can you identify the model or anything? I am not very clued up when it comes to watches.

4. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Jan 23, 2016

Why not put it on a nice brown leather and keep it as memento of your grandfather as your not going to make that much selling it. Couple hundred dollars depending where you are. (Unless solid gold)

5. SpikiSpikester @ ΩF Staff Member Jan 23, 2016

It has limited value. It's a 1970s Seamaster with an unpopular day/date mechanism.

Whïle it's a perfectly good watch and will continue to give good service with the right care & maintenance, it's not particularly interesting to collectors - meaning it's low value.

If you want more precise value information you should do a completed items search on eBay. Effectively that's what you're asking members here to do on your behalf, if you want anything more specific than the ballpark number mentioned above.

STANDY likes this.