Forums Latest Members
  1. Beastie69 Jan 3, 2017

Hello guys, my first thread here although I am not new to this gloriously forum, so the problem is I recently sourced a vintage sparkle cal 750 which is put on a fairly cheap 20mm leather strap which doesn't give it justice.

First of all I think the correct strap size should be 19 mm, correct me if I am wrong here, second thing the watch is missing the buckle which kinda ruins the piece so what I need help with is your ideas for a proper leather strap (I feel lizard might suit it the most) and if you could help source the correct buckle, what I am aiming for here is as authentic as possible finish to the watch.

Thanks in advance

2. Bill Sohne Bill @ ΩF Staff Member Jan 3, 2017

HI

YOU CAN GO TWO WAYS...

Omega 19 mm bracelet... not a cheap way but very cool....

Or

Go with a Shell Cordovan strap.... black / brown . oxblood... ( I have done it all ) I have even gone with a modern blue gator Omega strap that was made for my Red Gold Coaxial LTD.. that I sold and kept the strap long strap that Omega gave to me as a gift years ago. .... and get a Omega buckle.. You dont need to go vintage on the buckle... any 16 mm Omega steel buckle would do the watch just fine in my opinion...

Looking forward to seeing it on the forum

Good Hunting

Bill Sohne

3. cvrle1 Jan 3, 2017

My dad bought this one for his sparkle. Pics are horrible and dont show strap anywhere close to what it actually looks like. It is black and quite glossy, but it works well. He is quite pleased with it. Will see if I can snap some pics for you when I see him next time

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Ome...Watch-Strap-FIXED-WIRE-LUGs-NOS-/112236152762Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

4. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Jan 3, 2017

I've put them on 1098 bracelets with 540 end links and it has worked very well. Others have used 1125 and 1135 bracelets.
    166.0032-1098.jpg

Longbow likes this.
  5. Bill Sohne Bill @ ΩF Staff Member Jan 3, 2017

nice !

killer case , by the way.. that case style is made same way as Rolex datejust oystercase.. out of a single block of steel ( for the case middle )...

Good Hunting

bill

6. Beastie69 Jan 4, 2017

Thank you all for the valuable input, I will study every choice you suggested and I will definitely post photos once its done, I ordered a new crystal and a new set of hands and I will be taking to the watch to service since I noticed that the day function isn't working for some reason, it is stuck on Tuesday do any of you guys with more experience know what could be the reason for such a fault?

Thanks again for the valuable input