Forums Latest Members
  1. acconshor Jan 23, 2019

Hi, everyone. I have this old Seamaster with a stainless steel strap. I want to fix this piece so I can wear it or sell it. Or do something other than keep it in a drawer--as I have for the last few years.

There is a small steel piece that detached from a dual-pronged piece while I was wearing the watch. The watch fell off my wrist, and I never recovered the piece. I cannot find the name of this part--which would be the first step toward buying a replacement.

The piece is question is the end-cap on the dual-pronged piece that attaches the bracelet to the clasp. You can see it in the last picture.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. If someone has this piece, I will pay any reasonable price.

DSC05406.JPG
    DSC05419.JPG

omegasaso12 likes this.
  2. gdupree Jan 23, 2019

I really don't know for sure, but I have a hard time imagining that you're going to be able to find that part new. I would guess that you probably need to buy another bracelet to use as parts to repair this one. You have a full set there, so it would be a shame not to get the presumably original bracelet back in working order.

Oh and if someone says something about a paperclip..... don't. ;)

Lbreak likes this.
  3. Peemacgee Purrrr-veyor of luxury cat box loungers Jan 23, 2019

If it’s next to the clasp, should that not just be an adjustable link?
    These links for a 5 row BOR do come up occasionally.
    If you post the numbers from the inside of the clasp someone might be able to help. (A clear pic would help too)
    Nice set by the way.
    A better pic of the watch would be nice.

4. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Jan 23, 2019

That is not a replaceable part.

Need to see better photos of this in order to give you some options.

695699-48ced99c5674f148a21513e45132b3e0.jpg

5. acconshor Jan 23, 2019

Some better pictures below. It was the watch I'd wear daily to work. After that piece broke I started using my phone as a watch. I'm trying to break that habit. It may be that the pictures don't show the piece indicated above (with the red line). It's a small tube through which one of the two prongs of that dual-pronged piece fits. The other prong slides through the last link of the bracelet. The missing oval-shaped piece of steel locks the prongs in place. You can see its intact counterpart in the last picture on the other side of the clasp. It would be frustrating to have to buy a new bracelet just for that tiny piece of steel. But if it must be done...

DSC05415.JPG DSC05417.JPG DSC05418.JPG

6. jimmyd13 Jan 23, 2019

7. BenBagbag Jan 23, 2019

This is a bracelet you can generally find for around $200-$250 and they come up for sale on almost a weekly basis. Just remember that when considering repair costs. You also have the end links, so you can buy just the bracelet which *may* save you a few bucks.

8. redzer007 Jan 23, 2019

Stick it on a strap while you investigate the.repair and get it back in use

9. MRC Jan 23, 2019

+1

Replies quickly, sticks to quoted price and returns within estimated period. Just one thing, if you do not want it polished attach a tag saying so to the bracelet itself. My MY repaired riveted Oyster is re-aquiring its evidence of use again today.

10. acconshor Jan 23, 2019

Thanks. I just sent him a note. We'll see what he says.

DSC05526.JPG