Forums Latest Members
  1. jw0n Jan 12, 2015

Hi all, I came across a listing for a vintage Omega Ladymatic (Seamaster?). Seller is unable to open caseback, and can only show me pics of the dial and caseback. Condition on the exterior is pretty bad, but I guess can be rectified (at what cost?). That said, is this piece legitimate? I tried to google for more information, and at least based on the Omega archives on their website, found no such references to one with this bracelet, or markers.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Any help, advice, or potential information about this watch's history would be greatly appreciated.

2. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jan 12, 2015

Bracelet just looks like a generic twist-o-flex of the era

3. redpcar Jan 12, 2015

I've owned a few of these. Nice watch. Pain in the butt to get running. Very small stuff inside. If it runs, swap out the crystal and install a nice strap. Early '70's watch. Runners bring $100 to 200 (for a very nice one) on the bay. It's a shame they are so cheap. Has to be a pain to manufacture them.....

4. jw0n Jan 13, 2015

Thanks for some feedback. Yes, seller says the watch is running (although how well, he doesn't mention). Is it easy to find a crystal replacement? Any idea how big (or small) this watch is? 24-26mm? And yeah, planning to ditch the bracelet and go for a nice leather strap if I pull the trigger.

5. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Jan 13, 2015

These are about 19-mm, this one dates to the mid 1950s.

Crystal should not be hard to find from a decent independent watchmaker.

6. redpcar Jan 13, 2015

Mid '50s? Wouldn't the hands be different? I'm sure Ofrei has all the parts you need if it is running. Just need to get the case open.