Forums Latest Members

Help needed to identify this so called First / pre edition of Zenith S58

1. MacRulez4Ever Apr 11, 2014

Hello I need som help with identify a Zenith watch
    The seller claims it to be the first / pre edition of the Zenith S58 watch ...

I think it seems a little bit strange , and can not find any information of this model!

Any one who can help me out ?

Best regards /

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Stewart H Honorary NJ Resident Apr 11, 2014

Hmmmm. The 48 movement number would put it around 1958 to 1960, depending on which chart you use, so the pre-production claim would be optimistic but it does look like a cal 120 which is a great movement and (I think I'm right in saying) Zenith's first hacking movement.

I haven't seen a S58 without "S58" on the dial and the star looks clumsily placed in relation to the painted numeral - this is very un-Zenith and the bezel looks unlike the "civilian" versions I have seen.

The hands are unlike any I have seen on a S58 and the bracelet is, well, let's just say after-market.

Of course a prototype could have any parts on it to see if it works, but would it really have "S58" on the back if it was a prototype?

My instinct is that it is a franken, but that is very much my opinion. Hopefully MMMD will be along soon to give his opinion as he is our resident S58 man.

3. MacRulez4Ever Apr 11, 2014

I did find this , and if you compare the watch I posted with this one, I have to say it looks like a shitty try to make a copy of the original :)
    [​IMG]

4. LouS Mrs Nataf's Other Son Staff Member Apr 11, 2014

Bingo.

5. sohail May 11, 2014

What is the asking price may be its worth it?

6. MacRulez4Ever May 11, 2014

He has stopped answer my mails , so i don't really know :)

But it's not worth my time to try to get some answers , he seems like a strange guy !

7. m neuman What, me worry? May 13, 2014

best to pass