Forums Latest Members
  1. Terry Mar 21, 2017

Hi,
    I have 3 Omega watches that have been handed down to me 7 years ago. I do not know the ages. The Seamaster is the only watch with a box but there are no papers.
    The Seamaster bezel does turn but is stiff. The watch works perfectly. It has a box but sadly no paperwork.
    The Geneve Dynamic has some damage to the casing near the wind mechanism. It has my late fathers name etched on the rear of the casing. It also needs some cleaning around the dial and casing. This also works perfectly.
    The last gold coloured Geneve also works perfectly. It is not Gold metal. I have no other details of the watches. They are all genuine as I have taken them in to Jewellers for an estimate of servicing and decided I may sell instead of paying out for that.
    Can anyone help me with the ages/values etc. I have not posted before and hope this is enough information at the moment.
    Terry.

IMG_6250.JPG IMG_6247.JPG IMG_6272.JPG IMG_6254.JPG IMG_6255.JPG IMG_6256.JPG IMG_6277.JPG IMG_6281.JPG
  2. FREDMAYCOIN Mar 21, 2017

approximately $1300, $275 and $225 USD respectfully.

Terry likes this.
  3. lillatroll Mar 21, 2017

You can find information on sold prices on eBay and chrono24. The middle one you will need the back taken off and get the case reference number. Dynamics with correct bracelet, which I don't think yours has go for between 250 and 400 pounds for a nice one. The first one is quite modern, the second one perhaps early 60s at a guess and the dynamic mid 70s

blacktiger and Terry like this.
  4. Terry Mar 21, 2017

Thank you Lillatroll.

5. Terry Mar 21, 2017

Thank you Fredmaycoin

6. FREDMAYCOIN Mar 21, 2017

My pleasure, thank you for sharing.

7. cvrle1 Mar 21, 2017

1st one looks to be 2551.80.00

When you do look at auctions on eBay, Chrono, etc, keep in mind that some of the sellers are dealers, so their prices will be higher. Their prices may not be indicative of actual price.

8. Terry Mar 21, 2017

Thank you Cvrle1

9. Mouse_at_Large still immune to Speedmaster attraction Mar 21, 2017

10. Terry Mar 21, 2017

Thanks Mouse. I was thinking of buying a strap that goes better with the Dynamic and then putting them all on eBay as a job lot. Is that a reasonable question on this forum.

11. Mouse_at_Large still immune to Speedmaster attraction Mar 21, 2017

I'm not an eBay seller, but I've looked at a lot of ads. I suspect that to get the best price you will have to get a fair bit more accurate information about each. This may involve amongst other things, getting a competent watchmaker to open up the two Geneves to see what calibre movements are in them (get clear pictures of the movements if you do this).

I'll leave it to others with more experience in this market to advise you further.

Terry likes this.
  12. momosono Mar 22, 2017

Not only that, but imho selling as a job lot seems the worst idea.
    Re pics: when selling, one arty pic is enough. Make clear ones that show details. Take them from straight above, not angled, unless you want to hide something. But that would be cheating wouldn't it?
    Re lot: just guess how many people might be interested by one of these watches. And then think of how many of those might be interested in trying to dispose of the other two. They would calculate the possible loss in the total they would be willing to offer.
    And I think that most of those willing to by the lot would be dealers who offer less than private byers anyway.
    Job lots are fine for old useless stuff, not for quality watches.
    Just my opinion. Others surely disagree.

13. Terry Mar 22, 2017

Thanks momosono. It's great to get ideas coming in for these and it's a good site for feedback, so I value everyone's opinion. I have managed to take the back off the Geneve dress watch. Serial number begins 270...... Strangely though, the serial number lists online go from 260... (1968) to 280... (1969) and no 270....

Geneve dress 3.jpg Geneve dress 4.jpg
  14. momosono Mar 22, 2017

This is what chronomaddox.com says about the numbers

Note: The above list may prove potentially useful for determining the approximate age (perhaps as close as +/- 1-2 years) of an Omega watch via cross-referencing it's serial number with the date in the table above. Remember that watches were not necessarily sold in order or sold close to the date of manufacturer. Omega started utilizing ETA Calibers by 1980, those serial numbers may or may not be accurate within this table...

Meaning yours might be from around 1967-1969 or later

Here's some information by Omega themselves about this model.
    https://www.omegawatches.com/planet-omega/heritage/vintage-details/15107/

Edit: btw try taking pics using a tripod. Or at least supporting yours hands. I find setting the delayed-action shutter release to about 5-10 seconds helps a lot in avoiding shakey pics.

Terry likes this.
  15. Terry Mar 23, 2017

thinking about what you posted there Momosons, I would take the equivalent in GBP
    I am taking the Geneve Dynamic to a Jewellers soon and asking for the back to be taken off so I can take some photos. Whilst doing that, is it worth me buying a (non omega) Dynamic strap to fit before the back goes on. At least I though it may get this watch back to an original looking watch.

16. Terry Mar 23, 2017

Thinking about what you posted there Momosons, I would take the equivalent in GBP today if that was the case. My son is going to Uni later this year and that would be a great offer to accept. I shall keep pricing up and researching. Thanks.

17. Terry Mar 29, 2017

Here is the Geneve Dynamic now with a non Omega strap had fitted. I want to get this sale ready and didn't want to invest in a couple of hundred pounds for a new strap. is this sell-able as it is. Ideas? There is slight dent case damage near to the winder.

IMG_6295.JPG IMG_6301.JPG IMG_6307.JPG