Forums Latest Members
  1. JM92 Apr 2, 2014

Hello everyone.

New member here but a member on a few other watch forums. I am a little bit of a collector, nothing too serious.
    I have a 2010 TAG Heuer Indy 500 which is my daily watch, not really in a great shape now but I did buy it to wear all the time, a 1971 Sea master which I have just had service, polished and a new bracelet and I have just sold my 14060 Rolex Submariner. Currently looking for another Rolex.

Anyway I have spotted this watch and it has taken my fancy. Tempted to put an offer in soon but thought I would get it checked first.
    Here is some pics. Any info is greatly appreciated.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. marturx Apr 2, 2014

A FA RAF53

Looks legit to me. Nice condition too. Try to find out if it´s OK inside, i.e has the spacer ring left, and that the movement is OK, so there are no surprises there. They go for about GBP 1000-1200, so if you can get it below that, it´s a really good buy IMO

fc2 likes this.
  3. JM92 Apr 2, 2014

Thankyou.
    Hopefully this will help;

[​IMG]

4. MSNWatch Vintage Omega Aficionado Staff Member Apr 2, 2014

Agreed including the price estimate.

5. marturx Apr 2, 2014

It should be a cal 283 with 13 mill serial. Hard to tell from the blurry picture. The movement looks Clean and nice. But I don´t see the spacer, or the dust cover

6. JM92 Apr 2, 2014

Yes pics are not great. I asked for more but they are the same.
    Not sure to take a punt at it or not.
    [​IMG]

7. marturx Apr 2, 2014

Movement looks OK. Secure that it has its spacer and dustcover

8. Joe K. Curious about this text thingy below his avatar Apr 2, 2014

Here are pictures of the other parts that need to be in there:

Dust cover (on the bottom in the picture)

[​IMG]

spring (positioned inside the case back)

[​IMG]

Pictures found on the net.

9. JM92 Apr 2, 2014

Just spoke to the seller and it comes with the dust cover and spring.

10. MSNWatch Vintage Omega Aficionado Staff Member Apr 2, 2014

Looks like one to go for.

11. watchyouwant ΩF Clairvoyant Apr 2, 2014

yes, go for it. these are very nice watches; you will love it. kind regards. achim

12. JM92 Apr 3, 2014

Thanks everyone. Went for it this morn, seller sent me some pictures of the watch with today's date in the background and my name so I could see he had it (he done this yesterday as well). He sent it recorded delivery and has scanned me the receipt with tracking code on and my postcode.

Here is the twist... I noticed the same watch for sale on here (from Feb but I noticed it tonight). Well it had all the numbers matching on the back so I can only presume its the same watch unless the same numbers were on numerous watches? Spoke to the seller on here and he apparently sent it to Canada today.

God knows what happening now! I will have to wait and see what shows up tomorrow. Unfortunately I live overseas so its being delivered to my parents address and they are coming over on sunday to visit. Once I see it then I will upload a full set of detailed pics for you all to verify.

Payment was via PayPal so luckily covered regardless.

Thanks

13. SpikiSpikester @ ΩF Staff Member Apr 3, 2014

The serial number for the individual watch is on the movement. If you say the numbers on the back are all the same, it sounds like you're referring to the model number and it isn't the actual same watch, just the same model.

14. JM92 Apr 3, 2014

Ahh ok. So for example the following numbers were on the case back;

6B/542
    2195/53
    6645 101000

So your saying these numbers could be on more than one watch and that the number specific to the watch it self is on the movement?

15. SpikiSpikester @ ΩF Staff Member Apr 3, 2014

Correct. :)

16. Joe K. Curious about this text thingy below his avatar Apr 3, 2014

This is not correct!

While 6B/542 and 6645 101000 would be found on all examples, the number 2195/53 is an individual number issued to each watch. The format would be XXXXX/53 and the numbers to the left would be the watch issue serial number and the /53 is the year of issue. So the number 2195/53 should only be on one genuine example!

17. JM92 Apr 3, 2014

Ahh right OK. So the 2195 is specific to that one watch then. Not sure what to think to be honest.
    The pictures I posted in this thread are of the watch I have bought, he used the same background on each pic. He also sent about 3 or 4 pics with information in the back ground which I told him to write.

It should be arriving tomorrow before 1. Lets see what arrives!

Alternatively the same watch which was for sale on here looked a little shady. The seller claimed it was a 1949 at first and had it for sale since Feb. I messaged yesterday and it was in the process of selling and sold today. Maybe co-incidence that it sold on the same day..

The watch I should be receiving is the one posted above. If you all think that is genuine then I will be OK hopefully..

18. JM92 Apr 4, 2014

Looks like my seller had the watch as it showed up this morn. I wont see it until Sunday unfortunately but I got a family member to send me a couple pf pics. What do you all think?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. JM92 Apr 4, 2014

Although the pic quality is a bit rubbish can anyone confirm its genuine?

20. MSNWatch Vintage Omega Aficionado Staff Member Apr 4, 2014

Yes before you got it and Yes now that you have it. Enjoy the watch and wear it in good health.