Forums Latest Members
  1. Nathan1967 Apr 28, 2017

Hi All

I could do with your help and advice please - firstly I'm a forum noob.

I have a nice, well by my standards, 176.0012. All is good, but, at some stage in its life, it's had a bit of a mishap with a screwdriver and it's case back.....probably several times over. Subsequently the case back has been ground down and the hippocampus is no longer visible. No one will ever see it.....but that's not the point is it?

So I'm looking for a replacement- I'm going to be waiting a while on eBay until one comes along. Does anyone have any other directions that they could point me in?

Many thanks in advance

Nathan

2. tyrantlizardrex Apr 28, 2017

Hi Nathan,

Have you tried Omega, or an Omega Authorised repairer?

They won't sell you the back on it's own, but they will as part of a service... as long as it's still available.

If you're in the UK, I'd suggest Swiss Time Services.

Cheers

Chris

3. Nathan1967 Apr 28, 2017

Hi Chris - thanks so much for your advice. Yes, I am a Brit as you suspected!

I've spoken to Swiss Time Services and I've already received a quote. What a pleasant surprise, very reasonable cost wise and looks like a great business.

I'll be dropping off my watch with them very soon!

All the best

Nathan

ahartfie and tyrantlizardrex like this.
  4. tyrantlizardrex Apr 28, 2017

Great news Nathan! :)

5. new_heuer Apr 28, 2017

I'm pretty sure I have a unpolished complete case in my spares if you change your mind.

6. Nathan1967 Apr 28, 2017

Thanks- new heuer, this is unexpected, I'm learning that the OF gives multiple options and opportunities where previously there were none. How much would you want for your 176.0012 case back? Best regards Nathan