Forums Latest Members

Help needed: Omega "Seamaster De Ville" genuine or FAKE/refurbished?

1. JazzBox Apr 8, 2017

Thank you for this contribute hoipolloi! :)
    Maybe the "macro" lens I put on the iPhone distorted all and the shallow deapth of field from the lens make look the printing out of focus, blurred...

On the 2nd red circle on the photo I see it was a scratch on the glass that make the minute marker look bad.
    This evening I will try to make better photos in order to see that!

Edited Apr 8, 2017
  2. JazzBox Apr 8, 2017

Thank you Gordon!
    Really happy to see that!

I read somewhere (maybe on the Omega database, for other referencies - but I'm not sure) that the "Seamaster" logo could appear or not when the "De Ville" logo is present.

3. JazzBox Apr 8, 2017

You make me hope :)
    Thank you kingsrider!

4. hoipolloi Vintage Omega Connoisseur Apr 8, 2017

Thank you
    And if you have time, please search for a Swiss Made font that is apart like that. I want to learn, too.
    Best.

JazzBox likes this.
  5. JazzBox Apr 8, 2017

This evening I'll post some more photos about the markers and the Swiss Made :)

6. TNTwatch Apr 8, 2017

FWIW, the seller is the only one who has ever been known to have been banned not once, but twice here on OF.

Your dial could possibly have one of a very few legit and original variances of the Seamaster DeVille font scripts, but too few examples available to be confirmed atm, though everything else looks in proper order, including the wide spaced Swiss Made.

The old Omega database has a page on this ref: http://naligazone.com/index.php/data-watch/omega/caliber-5/626

Edited Apr 8, 2017
    JazzBox likes this.
  7. JazzBox Apr 8, 2017

Wow! That's not reassuring! :/

With me he was very kind and professional (I sent the money and had the watch after 3 days), the only reason I asked if the watch is authentic or not is because I did not find the reference on the Omega database and I started to search on internet, then I read about a lot of fake/frankenwatch and... here I am :)

Thank you for your help!

8. JazzBox Apr 8, 2017

Thank you!! :)

9. Hnansen Apr 8, 2017

What was his username(s)?

10. TNTwatch Apr 8, 2017

There were 2 (twice banned), but you can search on the business name.

11. JazzBox Apr 8, 2017

I took a couple of pics from different perspective and I see that the macro lens I add to iPhone distorts a lot the image.
    Here 2 more pics: as you can see, the lens puts offset everything that is not in the centre of frame.

seamaster logo.jpg
  12. JazzBox Apr 8, 2017

I made 2 better pictures from slightly different perspective, just to check better, because the macro lens distorts a lot :)

Swiss.jpg
  13. hoipolloi Vintage Omega Connoisseur Apr 8, 2017

How about this? Is it any better?
    20170408_081037.jpg

14. JazzBox Apr 8, 2017

A couple of more pictures: as you can see, the cheap macro lens I add to iPhone distorts and blur everything.
    Same photo with a slight different angle... and the markers look blurred, the lines look offset :)

(thank you very much for your observations, I love to learn those little secrets about what to look on watches!)

indici 2.jpg
  15. JazzBox Apr 8, 2017

I'm not sure if I have understood correctly what to look, excuse me but I'm not expert :)
    If there is any photo I can add to better investigate just let me know ;)

Edited Apr 8, 2017
  16. JazzBox Apr 8, 2017

Some more close up: the lug, the winding crown and something I did not noticed before, the Omega logo in the crystal.

What do you think about this mystery watch? ;)

IMG_9774.JPG IMG_9775.JPG IMG_9785.JPG
  17. TNTwatch Apr 8, 2017

Looks good to me and surprisingly not grossly overpriced like most of the other watches from that seller.

JazzBox likes this.
  18. JazzBox Apr 8, 2017

Thank you very much!
    I paid € 600 shipping to Italy included. I like it very much, if it is authentic I'm more then happy, it is my 1st watch deal by internet :)

How much do you think this watch is worth?

19. hoipolloi Vintage Omega Connoisseur Apr 8, 2017

2017-04-08_02-45-52.jpg This is one of my manual wind De Ville with original dial. Your dial need not to be the same but the minute markers should be even and consistent like that.
    The hardest thing to do to the redialers are minute markers, not the script.

The distance between the minute markers and hour markers should be even

JazzBox and knvqn like this.
  20. JazzBox Apr 8, 2017

Ok! I understand now!

I try to do post better photos.

Your watch is beautiful! I see the "Swiss made" is different from mine: I have the "T Swiss Made T"