Forums Latest Members

Help needed identifying grandfather's vintage Omega

1. Muzz Dec 9, 2014

I started on another forum and was pointed in this direction - and, after taking a look around, it's easy to see this is where I need to be! I hope you can help... the background: My grandfather is the person responsible for getting me into watches. Before he passed, we would talk about watches and that one day he'd show me his collection (mostly kept in his safe), and I'd hear all the stories about each watch. Unfortunately, that day never came as he passed away after an accident.

So, long story short... this is one of the watches that was passed on to me. I've added some pics (sorry for blur! Will try to post better if it will help!), but if there's anything else that will help, please let me know and I can take more. The only additional item that may be useful is the number on the bottom of the caseback: 10086189 (I think), and the number on the movement: 9245137 (again, I think). I know absolutely nothing about this watch, and would sincerely appreciate any help! If you need any additional information, please ask and I'll be happy to provide the best I can! Thanks again for any help!

DSC00461.JPG DSC00462.JPG DSC00463.JPG DSC00465.JPG