Forums Latest Members

Help Needed - Identify My Longines

1. Khabbaz111 Aug 20, 2016

Hey guys,

I was hoping someone could help me identify this beautiful VINTAGE Longines.

This is my grandfather's watch. It was passed on to my uncle. This summer, my uncle passed it on to me.

ALL parts are original.

My grandfather claims it is a 1960 model.

I was able to find the 14k gold version online. Haven't really spotted the exact same one. I believe it is a Circa... However I am not sure.

No reference number on this. If anyone has any input it would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg
  2. Tony C. Ωf Jury member Aug 20, 2016

Don't know the model reference, but likely powered by a 30L movement. One of the best that Longines ever produced.

1960 sounds about right.

Khabbaz111 likes this.
  3. Khabbaz111 Aug 20, 2016

Thank you! I believe your right about the movement. Been doing some research and that's what I found. It is a manual wind.... Thanks for your input!

4. Tony C. Ωf Jury member Aug 20, 2016

You're welcome. It's a nice watch. Wear it in good health.

Khabbaz111 likes this.
  5. dx009 Aug 20, 2016

It is most likely 30L caliber indeed. I'd also say it's a 60s watch... Maybe mid to late 60s ?

The case back is a snap off which means you could take it off with something very thin and hard such as a knife but I advise care if you really want to do this. You should also look for a small specific place where a tool's blade can get inside to snap it off.

Inside you'll find the movement's serial number which can tell us what period was the watch made.

Edited Aug 20, 2016
    Khabbaz111 likes this.
  6. Khabbaz111 Aug 20, 2016

Awesome! Is this something a Longines dealer could easily do or in your opinion would they rather not mess with something like this?

Thank you,

7. dx009 Aug 20, 2016

A dealer should have such tools as they are simple and cheap... :) But I think you want to look for a watchmaker as they usually deal with this kind of thing. A dealer just wants to sell you watches...

Khabbaz111 likes this.
  8. Syrte MWR Tech Support Dept Aug 20, 2016

You should get a watchmaker to do it. Anyone else (including yourself) might damage it badly. There's a whole thread here of damaged watches (search keyword "moron" IIRC).

GuiltyBoomerang and Khabbaz111 like this.
  9. argonbeam Aug 22, 2016

Second the watchmaker idea. Get a good service and maybe a new crystal. Cool watch. 30L a great movement, and the watches usually are a nice-wearing size with understated dials.