Help needed for unusual omega 1900 Grand Prix watch

Hello,

I am struggling to find information on our watch, as it seems quite different from others.

I have a 1900 Grand Prix with a gun case watch serial number 18569388 with a 9 underneath.

The face has only Roman numerals for the main hours and little gold spots for the minutes, the arms are very ornate and there is no omega sign above the name as I've seen on others. It's been passed down from German grandparents.

Any help would be appreciated
Thanks
Jon
Omega.jpg

A quick assessment.
The outer case is generic and not Omega.
The watch looks to be genuine and I'd say from the period 1910 to 1930. The vitreaous enamel dial is original with an Omega mark typical of that era but the dial may be damaged in some areas (minute markers).
The minute hand is original (Omega "Louis XV" style) but the hour hand is a replacement, although probably from that time.

To give you more information we would like to see clear photos of the inside of the caseback and the movement showing any numbers and marks therein.

It would also help if you could measure the diameter of the movement (in millimetres).

See example below.

OPWM.jpg

Nearly every Omega pocket watch made between 1900 and 1912 or so had the grand prix markings so that isn't much to go on but it does imply it is a little earlier than suggested above maybe.

Thanks guys,

It's 38mm across the movement at the back, I've attached a few more photos if that helps.

Thanks
Jon
outer inner case.jpg inner case.jpg interior 38mm.jpg

Case serial number puts its manufacture date circa 1900.

There is likely a movement serial number under the dial that would help confirm this.
gatorcpa

Thanks, I don't want to remove the dial in case I damage something, but every watch I've seen that is similar has numbers or lines for the minutes, I can't find one with just little gold dots and roman numerals, I'm not sure if this makes it rare or not.