Forums Latest Members

Help needed for certina moonphase movement found in a record watch co watch

1. smoothsecondscom Aug 12, 2022

Hi OF'ers,

I recently bought a lovely LNOS record watch co moonphase triple date watch. I was previously informed the moonphase did not work but I figured this would be repairable. Unfortunately my watchmaker inspected the movement and he cannot recognise it, and thus not find any replacement parts.

My question to you would be if anybody can recognise the movement, or perhaps knows a watchmaker / collector specialized in these type of things. (Or if anybody knows the spare part, that would be great too of course).

It would be a waste of a lovely watch to have it without the moonphase working.

Here are movement pictures:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thanks for any help!

2. Evitzee Aug 12, 2022

I looked through my trusty copy of Modern Calendar Watches printed in 1954. Your module looks like the diagram attached. It's a 'Record Datofix' calendar, no model number is given. It appears the lever 'L' has the tip broken off making adjustment of your moonphase impossible although it should still work while the watch is in operation, it is just not adjustable to be in sync with the proper moonphase. I've also attached the technical notes on this movement.

Hope this helps.

IMG_1173.JPG IMG_1176.JPG
    Edited Aug 12, 2022
    vintage hab, sheepdoll and DaveK like this.
  3. sheepdoll Aug 13, 2022

I have been reading my copy of this book. Seems I have a Venus 203 moonphase that was disassembled. Looks like the mainspring was broken. I found a you tube vid, and they refer to these sort of things as "Textbook examples."

-j

4. smoothsecondscom Aug 13, 2022

That does seem to be the right part, and I think I found a movement on ebay! Incredibly overpriced, but at least I know what I am looking for now.

Thanks!