Forums Latest Members

Help - need to get my watch fixed

1. Colin Nov 23, 2011

Hi All. I need your help. The seal went on my vintage De Ville Chronometer so that condensation appeared on the inside of the glass when it rained and pretty soon after the watch stopped altogether. Presume that water got in mechanism. Went to Ernst Jones and they sent to Omega hq for a quote. They came in at £500 then came down to £400. Thought i would look elsewhere and sent to few places i found on the net - none of which could help. I went back to Ernst Jones who sent watch off to Omega again and then came back with a re-quote of £1600!! Does anyone know where i could get this fixed?

2. ulackfocus Nov 23, 2011

Sure - I use Jesse (member omega564) for most of my vintage watches. He's a whiz. Look up my post for before & after shots of how he fixed a Longines Admiral. Amazing work, and the watch runs within chronometer specs even though it was never certified. You can contact him at [email protected] for an estimate. He'll be much cheaper than any of the estimates you've received barring some crazy expensive parts that need to be replaced in your watch.

Colin likes this.