Forums Latest Members
  1. GUIRI1990 Jun 8, 2020

Hi,

I just bought this beautiful vintage Omega watch box and I noticed that there is slight damage, would this considerably damage the value/validity of the box? I notice where the bottom logo is there is a rip, please see the below image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

2. MtV Jun 8, 2020

The box looks to me like it’s in pretty good condition? Not sure if the prices are vastly different anywhere else, but in Europe they seem to go for 20-40€ on eBay all the time, pretty much regardless of the condition, so the loss in value caused by any minor damage shouldn’t make much of a difference (possibly excluding boxes that are absolutely NOS).

GUIRI1990 likes this.
  3. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Jun 8, 2020

Omega used boxes like this to return watches sent in for factory service. It did not belong to any specific model.

Value on these is not high so the damage is not financially devastating.
    gatorcpa

GUIRI1990 and apsm100 like this.
  4. GUIRI1990 Jun 9, 2020

Oh fair, to be honest I did buy this on ebay after I purchased a Vintage Omega to bulk up my collection of 1 Watch to now 2 lol.

These boxes seem to be selling for stupid amounts and tbh it’s just to have a box for my watch, I was a bit annoyed that the seller didn’t mention the peeling of the bottom part Because it seems that it has peeled just where a logo/hallmark is and I didn’t know if this was of significant importance

5. GUIRI1990 Jun 9, 2020

Thank you both for your replies :) I do appreciate them, I paid 30 pounds for the box so tbh not much at all and I presume Omega no longer do these boxes