HELP! movement & dial loose in Vintage Seamaster cal 490

Hello OF,

I recently purchased a vintage 1952 Omega Seamaster with a caliber 490 from a dealer in Europe. Its an American 14k gold filled case numbered FX 6249. When I got it, I noticed that there was a funny knocking noise when I moved my arm a little faster (its not the rotor moving noise). I opened the caseback and noticed that the movement and dial could wiggle around in the case. I have informed the dealer and after a few messages showing him the problem, he has told me a screw is loose or missing and he has wished me "all the best".

Needless to say, disappointing.

I am located in Malaysia and don't know of any reliable vintage watchmakers. I was hoping that someone on OF could have a look at the photos below and highlight what the problem is so that I can highlight the issue to a
I tired to post a video of the wiggle but I don't know how to add videos to this post. I hope the photos will do.

If anyone knows of a good watchmaker in Malaysia, please do let me know as well.

@Archer. Perhaps you would be so kind as to have a look? It would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance! I'm stressed this may turn out to be a classic online purchase nightmare.

Tsen

watchmaker. 222.jpg 20201011_101809.jpg 333.jpg 20201011_101831.jpg

Looks like you have the incorrect case tabs (or just washers) where the two screws are on the outer edge of the movement.

A watchmaker could fix it with correct case tabs. Sorry I don't know any in Malaysia.

Might be the case clamps, but I see evidence of what looks like fresh wear on the rotor, and scrape marks inside the case back.

Is it the entire movement that is loose, or just the rotor?

Might be the case clamps, but I see evidence of what looks like fresh wear on the rotor, and scrape marks inside the case back.

Is it the entire movement that is loose, or just the rotor?
It's the entire movement and dial moving as one. Rotor is not wobbly. Are the parts that STANDY linked what I need?

It's the entire movement and dial moving as one. Rotor is not wobbly. Are the parts that STANDY linked what I need?

I check for case 6249, but nothing shows up on the Omega Extranet. If that is the correct case number, then you will have to find generic clamps that fit, since I can't identify the right ones based on the case.

I check for case 6249, but nothing shows up on the Omega Extranet. If that is the correct case number, then you will have to find generic clamps that fit, since I can't identify the right ones based on the case.

US market FX6249.

US market FX6249.

I'm aware. Often case parts will be listed for these, but this one there isn't.

is this something that any decent watchmaker can do on the spot? or do I have to be a little more selective about who I go and see?

Thank you everyone. I will update this thread once I have the work done. We're back in lockdown here in Malaysia. May be a while till I can get to a watchmaker. Pity. I really want to wear this piece!

would anyone know if the 490 movements are similar to the 500 movements? or the 470 movement? I see a few caliber 470 case clamps on eBay.

Case clamps relate to the case reference not to the caliber, in other words they are case specific.

Update:

found a watchmaker locally that was recommended by a friend. Went in today after work and problem sorted. He installed new case clamps and now it's on the wrist and unlikely to be taken off for the forseeable future.

Much thanks to everyone who helped!