Forums Latest Members
  1. West Slope Dec 18, 2015

Was looking at this and besides the Seamaster script not being in Orange (which it looks like all of the planet ocean watches of this style are) I was just trying to determine if it is a fake (given the price I assume it is).

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Omega-Seamaster-Planet-Ocean-Chronograph-45-5-mm-/252217821586?hash=item3ab95a8992:g:Yj4AAOSwHPlWczLr&nma=true&si=1kSSbV1jN8hQi92Y3Jyc0Z1DhWo%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

Now that someone has used the buy-it-now I have nothing to think about but was wondering what other signs there may be to the trained eye that this isn't a genuine Planet Ocean (or it was a hell of a deal).

Thanks!

2. watchknut New watch + Instagram + wife = dumbass Dec 18, 2015

The plastic wrap on the bracelet usually stinks of replica.

I am not well versed in the newer Omega models, but common sense prevails that someone selling a $3-4k watch, and a new one to boot, for $350, is indeed a fake.

You are much more likely to get a steal on a vintage piece where the seller is unaware of current market value than a newer piece where the seller most likely paid a pretty penny for the watch.

West Slope likes this.
  3. oddboy Zero to Grail+2998 In Six Months Dec 18, 2015

Does Omega make a quartz planet ocean?

West Slope likes this.
  4. Mouse_at_Large still immune to Speedmaster attraction Dec 18, 2015

Even more interestingly a Co-axial quartz!!!!!! ::screwloose:: Just like these

However, it might just be an extremely rare prototype that has escaped into the wild and in a few years will be worth megabucks at a Christie's auction....or maybe not :cool:

West Slope and oddboy like this.
  5. nxw1969 Dec 18, 2015

Bezel has raised pip which for some reason the forgers cant seem to get right and fonts all out of line

West Slope likes this.
  6. Mouse_at_Large still immune to Speedmaster attraction Dec 18, 2015

However, if anyone is feeling a tad disappointed in missing out on this bargain, I've found this stunner listed locally for £80. Feel free to pm me for details....:p

West Slope likes this.
  7. West Slope Dec 18, 2015

All good info, like I said I was pretty confident it was a fake but just wanted some specifics so I would be better educated going forward. I am actually pretty impressed with the level of the fakes out there but am always skeptical of a "bargain" being offered on an expensive item.

cfw likes this.
  8. cfw Dec 18, 2015

Dude run fast run far lol, price, quartz coaxial. U know the saying they dont make them like that any more?? Well its true cause they where never made in the first place haha

West Slope likes this.
  9. Mouse_at_Large still immune to Speedmaster attraction Dec 19, 2015

Just in case anybody thinks I've gone senile or was PWI (posting while intoxicated) I had a link to a fakes site and a picture of a fake TAG removed from my previous posts. :whipped: In no way do I endorse or condone such abominations and I was using them for illustrative purposes only.

Sorry for that and it won't happen again :oops:

West Slope likes this.
  10. nightowl Dec 19, 2015

So, will it work at 800 meters? Or is that "for 800 meters after purchase"?

Modest_Proposal likes this.
  11. cfw Dec 19, 2015

No it means i should through it down a mine shaft thats deeper than 800m so that no one can find it again lol

West Slope likes this.