Help me identifying “1930 art deco omega” !!

upload_2023-3-24_1-2-40.jpeg

upload_2023-3-24_1-3-11.jpeg

upload_2023-3-24_1-3-24.jpeg

I recently acquired this vintage 1930 omega Thang. I paid around $300 for it and as I slowly gained some knowledge about vintage Omegas, I started to believe that this watch is a Franken watch I cannot seem to know the reference number but the one thing that I do know is that the movement itself is original it’s it’s from 1930 but the case shape I’ve looked up several references on the Internet and I cannot seem to know the exact model of this watch so can anyone help ?. It would be really useful for me, thanks !

Can you take a head on picture of the watch?

The dial seems to be original, but not sure about the case either. Although it was common practice for Omega to ship raw movements and dials to some countries to be locally cased.
gatorcpa

Here is a same question:
New fav arrived from Japan: 1930's cal.20F.
There is no Omega sign in the case, but you can see in the back an "SPM" identification.
I found a name: J. Schnelwar & Sons. It was a jeweller company in New York in the early 1900's.
Material of case seems platinum, but not tested yet.
Has anyone seen this kind of Omega case before?

Here is a same question:
New fav arrived from Japan: 1930's cal.20F.
There is no Omega sign in the case, but you can see in the back an "SPM" identification.
I found a name: J. Schnelwar & Sons. It was a jeweller company in New York in the early 1900's.
Material of case seems platinum, but not tested yet.
Has anyone seen this kind of Omega case before?
Also not an Omega case.
And a redone dial.

Like 1
Also not an Omega case.
And a redone dial.
Thanks for answer.
There is a lot of this type curved case with Omega stamp, without engraving. I guess it's an original case, and could be a custom order from Schnelwar&Sons.
On what points do you think this isn't a factory part?/redone dial?

Thanks for answer.
There is a lot of this type curved case with Omega stamp, without engraving. I guess it's an original case, and could be a custom order from Schnelwar&Sons.
On what points do you think this isn't a factory part?/redone dial?
Hello,
The engraving outside of the case is not Omega signing, the serial number is also not Omega. There was a steel or gold rectangle watch with caliber 20F and later T17, slightly less curved than yours, with ref CK730, but it's a different shape.

Regarding the dial, it has the wrong font for the name Omega and the Logo is also not correct.

I should add to be complete that the hands style is typical for the 40s but not the 30s.

But the case is very beautiful and can well be a national production. Omega used to sell calibers+dial+hands to some foreign dealers (with cheaper customs taxes applicable to watch parts than to complete watches) and let those authorised dealers case and sell them.

Hello,
The engraving outside of the case is not Omega signing, the serial number is also not Omega. There was a steel or gold rectangle watch with caliber 20F and later T17, slightly less curved than yours, with ref CK730, but it's a different shape.

Regarding the dial, it has the wrong font for the name Omega and the Logo is also not correct.

I should add to be complete that the hands style is typical for the 40s but not the 30s.

But the case is very beautiful and can well be a national production. Omega used to sell calibers+dial+hands to some foreign dealers (with cheaper customs taxes applicable to watch parts than to complete watches) and let those authorised dealers case and sell them.

You are right, under microscope it's true on dial, that it's refurbished. But at least very old refurbishing :)
Overall, it doesn't look like a hacked watch, despite all that, it's a nice piece.
Thank you for your opinion.