Help me ID this watch

Hey guys first time poster here. I'm a big fan of vintage Omegas and I finally bought one. Realizing now I probably should have asked the forum before buying, but while I can still return it I'd like to get your thoughts. I bought it on chrono24 from a professional dealer with only good reviews but I don't really know how to appraise these watches for quality or legitimacy.

Seller said the ref. is 2905 but I think the case reads 2903? Either way I'm struggling to ID it. Also the Omega logo and print look a little misaligned. I really like the watch but tell me if you all spot anything concerning.

upload_2024-5-17_20-21-30.pngupload_2024-5-17_20-21-41.pngupload_2024-5-17_20-21-46.pngupload_2024-5-17_20-21-56.pngupload_2024-5-17_20-21-53.png

I can't read the case-back, but based on the shape of the case, it's definitely a ref 2905, not a 2903.

I share your concern that the OMEGA logo and text are potentially misaligned but also possibly 12-hour markers (might as well be the camera angle). Did the sale brief or seller say anything about whether the dial is in original condition? Some cheeky ones tend to note e.g. that they 'cannot guarantee/verify the authenticity of the dial'.

I share your concern that the OMEGA logo and text are potentially misaligned but also possibly 12-hour markers (might as well be the camera angle). Did the sale brief or seller say anything about whether the dial is in original condition? Some cheeky ones tend to note e.g. that they 'cannot guarantee/verify the authenticity of the dial'.

Didn't mention anything about the dial other than it has a yellow patina. I didn't realize the misalignment until I had it in my hand. The more I look at it I think the symbol is offset to the left a small bit. Or I need to get my eyes checked.

Given the watch's age and condition my guess is maybe the dial was redone at some point? The gold of the omega and the hour markers seem consistent.

Need a much larger photo of the dial to evaluate properly.

Need a much larger photo of the dial to evaluate properly.

This is probably the best I can do, I realize it may not be clear/close enough.

This is probably the best I can do, I realize it may not be clear/close enough.

that's even worse than your first photo

104695.jpg
104695.jpg
104695.jpg

I vote for original dial
You don't think the OM EGA, the badly placed Swiss Made and the minute tracks a long way from the tip of the minute hand (i.e. not on the edge of the dial) may point to a redial?

Like 1
You don't think the OM EGA, the badly placed Swiss Made and the minute tracks a long way from the tip of the minute hand (i.e. not on the edge of the dial) may point to a redial?

I've seen early dials with unusual prints, badly placed swiss made and wrong hands. A lot of people thought this early 2517 was a redial...

The logo and text are very badly aligned. I don’t think it’s original.

Hmm I didn't even pay attention to the Swiss Made. Feels like too much doubts of red flags to feel comfortable tbh. And I am not sure if Omega would paid such little attention to details even in the 1950s. Sometimes pictures can be misleading due to the light breaking through the crystal etc. but I am personally not very keen on having too much second thoughts when I buy a watch.

Hi, welcome to the forum. It’s a pretty watch. I don’t know if it’s a redial. It’s definitely not a recent one as it’s developed some patina.
It may a bit of buyer’s remorse. But if you are not happy with the watch and have the option of returning, then why not return. The case is polished, dial is patinated, hands are oxidised. It’s not a hard to get piece that you have to hold on to it.
But if you got it on a great deal ( but I think it’s unlikely from a dealer in chrono24) then that’s different story. Then you can hang on to it and maybe let her go as your taste evolves.

Like 1
I have an identical manual wind that my father wore for years. He said he bought it in 1954 for $52.

Still not sure about OPs watch, leaning toward older refinish.

Screen Shot 2024-05-18 at 3.44.06 PM.png