Forums Latest Members
  1. Jhh834 Really, I only owned it for 2 weeks! Jan 15, 2017

I received a message from my good friend's longtime girlfriend. She wants to get him an anniversary watch for about $300. She is willing to go higher if necessary. I have found a few ideas within the seiko, certina, and hamilton lines. However, I'm running into some road blocks.

Here are some things I know he likes in his watches:

1. Leather straps. He really hates metal bracelets.

2. Dress watches are his preference. He does sometimes venture into the sport my dive watch.

3.auto or mechanical is good, but he is not completely opposed to quartz

4. Within the omega lineup he really likes aqua terras. So, something similar would be good if it's in her price range.

5. He prefers dark dials over light dials.

Thank you for any suggestions!

2. Shibata Jan 15, 2017

The Hamilton Jazz Master line would be my choice with those requirements in mind. They are a bit above budget though.

3. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Jan 15, 2017

Orient Bambino. Inhouse movement lots of variations from an independent subsidiary of Seiko. I suggest the smaller ones. The "V4" is a tad oversized. About $240 with discount. I can get you a discount code if you can't find one.

Great automatic dress watch. Here is my grey dial. But they have lots of other hands and dials. Otherwise Seiko skx007 or SKX009 dive watches.

IMG_3630.JPG

tamura, philh and Mouse_at_Large like this.
  4. Jhh834 Really, I only owned it for 2 weeks! Jan 16, 2017

That dial looks really nice!

Foo2rama likes this.