Forums Latest Members
  1. luckytruck Jan 5, 2017

Hello all, obviously a newbie here and I tried the search function but couldn't find anything. Tried google as well, couldn't find anything. I tried the official Omega vintage list and there were 185 pages of bad pictures, so it was tough.

Anyway, my Dad's 85th birthday is coming up and I want to find a watch that I know he had when I was a toddler but may be able to get him for his birthday.

I can only try to describe it from memory.

1) It was probably a 1970 to 1980 vintage plus minus five or ten years.
    2) it was stainless steel silver
    3) it had a relatively squarish face with a black dial
    4) I distinctly remember it had a "weird" or "different" strap. It was almost like a metal mesh. this is what caused it to disappear. I tried to have the strap replaced but they said that it was a special strap that did not take the standard pin mechanism. They eventually said it was not worth it to fix. I wish I did not listen. over time, it became just another broken watch that disappeared in the clutter of daily life.

any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Andy

2. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Jan 5, 2017

Was it quartz? If so it's going to be basically impossible as there are hundreds of variations.

3. peatnick Jan 5, 2017

Anything like this

[​IMG]

If similar maybe try the search term "tv dial"

4. luckytruck Jan 5, 2017

foo2rama: I am 90% sure it was quartz. It has been 30 years since I saw it, so I am making my best guess

peatnick: the strap on the picture you posted still has a pin through it. I thought I remembered the watch repair guy saying it was like a "glued" on strap or something weird like that. This is 30 years ago, so my memory could be failing me. Also, in your picture there is like a metal casing around the face, this watch of my father was more like a regular watch where the face went out to the strap, no casing.....if that makes sense.

thank you so much for the replies. Please keep them coming.

Thanks,

Andy

5. luckytruck Jan 5, 2017

6. Buck2466 Jan 5, 2017

I was thinking a Deville from your description. Maybe do a google search using "Vintage Omega Deville Square Dial". Here is one I found with a white face.

Deville.jpg

7. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Jan 5, 2017

Closer?

[​IMG]

chronos likes this.
  8. luckytruck Jan 5, 2017

9. luckytruck Jan 5, 2017

efauser: I believe that is as close a match as I can remember

is that picture from a for sale advert?

Andy

10. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Jan 5, 2017

Yes, from 2013. Google Omega deville 192.0035. Set up a search on eBay and Watchrecon.com One may pop up.

chronos likes this.
  11. luckytruck Jan 5, 2017

thank you all.

if anyone hears of something like efauser's picture for sale, please post here.

thanks again