Help me buy my first Constellation

Hi everyone, I am going to buy my first Omega Constellation. I was looking for a quartz or an automatic model with a C-shape design and the little star on the dial. I found this one, but after few researches there is not the Geneve's observatory at the back of the watch and I didn't find the same model on the internet.

According to the seller, the watch is from the 70's, it's a 36mn with a 1250 caliber.

Is it a legit model? Do you have any advices ?

Thanks for your help 馃榾

Horribly refinished dial, hard pass.

Are you sure it鈥檚 refinished? It looks very like the 198.741 I bought on OF from @Toishome

IMG_3601.jpeg

Still think OPs watch was refinished based on the crappy photos provided.

Still think OPs watch was refinished based on the crappy photos provided.
I鈥檓 certainly not challenging your opinion but I鈥檓 just curious as to what I鈥檓 missing. The photos are certainly poor.

Thank you everyone, I'm definitely going on an automatic model. I'll let you know if I find a great piece

I think that I saw all 168.017 models on the market after 3 days of research. I found one that looks pretty decent, my goal is to have a great wearable without the fear of damaging it during everyday using. What do you think about this one I found thanks to Aroxx on eBay ?

I know it would need some service and care but is it a great start ? s-l1600-2.jpg s-l1600-3.jpg s-l1600-4.jpg s-l1600-5.jpg s-l1600.jpg

Much better.
Make sure bracelet is 1040 with 518 endlinks.

That is a 1172 bracelet. These are less common than 1040, but equally 'correct' for the reference. Make sure it's big enough for your wrist as additional links are hard to find.