Forums Latest Members
  1. jzzmusician Jul 23, 2015

Greetings,

Other than my post in the introduction forum this is my first post and like to many others I am asking the collective for their help.

I have spent the last month on Amazon and Ebay looking at Aqua Terras. I want one. Bad.

I'm looking for a stainless band and my first choice for dial color is silver. I have a small wrist (6.75 inches) and would prefer 39mm or even a 36.

My problem is that during the past month I've become more and more concerned about fakes, frankensteins and improperly described watches. I can't afford a new one, (spousal consent factor) and have been looking only at new.

My budget is 2,000 U.S. and could probably go just a tad higher.

Any advice you could share would be greatly appreciated. I have checked the for sale forum here and haven't seen any.

Thanks in advance,

Bob

Edited Jul 23, 2015
  2. Nobel Prize Spell Master! Jul 23, 2015

Pm Kingkily, if anyone can find it he can and he's 100% trustworthy.

neekon and persco like this.
  3. tsbphd Jul 23, 2015

Are you looking for a 2500 series or 8500 series? The 2500 series are older and look, in my opinion, slightly more dressed up than the 8500 series. Regardless, for a really high end, used example I think you are going to need more than the current $2,000 budget. Of course, if you would like a quartz example then you may be able to get one within your budget. Good luck.

4. guelerct Jul 24, 2015

I think even the older Quartz would be a stretch at $2000
    Good luck
    If you find one let us know

5. jzzmusician Jul 24, 2015

Thank you all for your input. Quartz is not a consideration. Looks like I'll have to keep saving my pennies.

-Bob

6. marked Jul 24, 2015

Be patient. The quartz version of the modern and older aqua terras are routinely available on ebay for under $2K.

An auto version under $2K is possible though a little harder to find. Your best bet is the 36mm version if you really want auto. The smaller diamter ones usually go for a little less $$.

Good luck and post some pics if you do buy one.

7. WatchVaultNYC Jul 24, 2015

Chances for a silver 1st gen AT are pretty good. Need a little luck at $2K.

Blue however, not so much. For some reason BLUE 1st gen AT's (autos and quartz) are harder to find and go even quicker. In 6 months 1 only found 1 2503.80, and it sold in 1 day:

Pic below - sold now, but look how I got the sunburst dial to show up under diffused lighting - pointed an LED flashlight at it :p

[​IMG]

8. rbob99 Dec 19, 2015

If you want to buy a cal 8500, I suggest you try it on before purchase. I bought one on the forum without actually seeing one in person, and I found it wore very thick on my wrist and ultimately didn't work for me. It is such a handsome watch in photographs but somehow didn't seem as attractive in the metal.