Forums Latest Members
  1. cronjon Jun 4, 2019

OF, I am a new watch enthusiast (~9 months), wear an SKX009 daily, and am looking to purchase my first luxury timepiece. This watch will celebrate paying off $165k of student loans, starting a new job, and turning 30. It will represent a huge turning turning point in my life and will be a commemorative piece that I'll cherish.

I've read enough blogs and watched enough videos to know that I should buy what I like and not be swayed by other peoples' opinions. That being said, I appreciate the insight from the community and may learn about a watch/brand I hadn't previously considered. Here's the criteria I'm following and some of my preferences:

- $5,000 budget for 1-2 watches
    - High value-for-money brand/watch, preferably Swiss, German, or Japanese
    - I like bang for the buck, so pre-owned is fine
    - I work at a casual desk job in a major city, go to formal events 2-3 times a year, and enjoy the restaurant/bar scene. With this, I'm looking to purchase dive and everyday watches
    - I have family around the world so I'd like a GMT complication. This is not a requirement as GMT watches are typically larger and I have a 6.75" / 17cm wrist
    - I'd prefer for the dial to be white or blue, but a traditional black is fine
    - I like to wear watches on bracelets

Here's my current list of contenders:
    - Omega Seamaster PO (ceramic, probably 37.5mm)
    - Omega Aqua Terra (37.5mm)
    - Omega Speedmaster Racing (ref. 326.30.40.50.02.001)
    - Tudor BB58
    - Tudor BB GMT
    - Rolex Explorer II (40mm)
    - Grand Seiko SBGN009
    - Grand Seiko SBGN005
    - Grand Seiko SBGA259
    - Nomos Tangente (38mm)

I appreciate your taking the time to read/respond and look forward to your suggestions.

2. Shabbaz Jun 5, 2019

Tudor GMT EUR 3500
    Connie EUR 1250

20181124_110940.jpg 20180919_131322.jpg
    Peemacgee likes this.