Forums Latest Members

Help, love to buy watches for sale from private sellers.

1. Lovewatches2 May 17, 2018

HELP. What to do to go into watch sales (private & member)?
    Note: Message at the end is I don't have sufficient.... (forgot the rest of message) haha

2. TNTwatch May 17, 2018

You can click on the seller's name then click "Send Message" for private communication with seller.

3. Lovewatches2 May 17, 2018

I'll try that next time I see one I'm interested in. Thanks!
    Don't I have to do something else so I won't see that " insufficient message" at the bottom??

4. TNTwatch May 17, 2018

You do. Post lots of nice pictures of watches here... ;)

amiriqbal likes this.
  5. JimInOz Melbourne Australia May 17, 2018

Or you could try reading the forum rules lol.

6. Lovewatches2 May 17, 2018

I'm buying not selling, why post lots of nice pics??? haha

7. TNTwatch May 17, 2018

Post here, not at the selling forums. To show your love for watches...:D

Syrte likes this.
  8. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. May 17, 2018

If only there was a thread conveniently locked to the top of that forum that was labeled “PLEASE READ” and RULES in bold all caps.

LouS, joso, Kmart and 3 others like this.
  9. Lovewatches2 Jul 19, 2018

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg Here are some of my watches. Pics taken by my vintage iPhone 4

Pun, pmontoyap and gostang9 like this.
  10. BlackTalon This Space for Rent Jul 19, 2018

Please note that many sellers will be wary of dealing with a new member who has very few posts.

Edited Jul 19, 2018
  11. Rman Jul 19, 2018

Always liked the idea of having this as a prerequisite to membership, you must read the rules and click that you understand forum rules before getting access to post.

12. TDBK Jul 19, 2018

I click checkboxes that say that I have read and agreed to terms of use all the time, and it's always a lie. I don't think making people claim they've read the rules will actually lead to more people doing so.

michael22 likes this.
  13. jetkins Jul 19, 2018

Yup. The terms and conditions for any new version of Apple's IOS run to thousands of words of fine print, yet they insist that you confirm that you have read and accept them before they'll give you the updat, and that's but one example that springs to mind. Ain't nobody got time for that.

Actually, I seem to recall reading a story recently where a judge ruled against a company who tried to wriggle out of something by falling back on the T&C that the customer had "read and accepted", but the customer's legal team subpoenaed the web server logs and were able to show that the customer had clicked "I have read and accept" only a couple of seconds after being presented with a few thousand words of legalese, thereby demonstrating that there was no way he actually had read them.

14. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Jul 19, 2018

Little more complex. They messed up some wording.

15. Rman Jul 19, 2018

Don't agree. If someone came to the forum and was presented with a couple paragraphs with a header that said "About the Sales section" I bet at least half of the people would read this info if not more.

What do you think @Lovewatches2 would you have read it?

Foo2rama likes this.
  16. rob#1 Jul 19, 2018

UK Wifi Provider Tricks Customers Into Agreeing To Clean Sewers
    from the reading-the-small-print dept.
    Unwitting customers in the United Kingdom who didn't read the terms and conditions for use of a public WiFi hotspot agreed to perform 1,000 hours of community service, including unclogging sewers and scraping gum off the street. The gag was conceived by WiFi provider Purple. The company inserted the clause into its terms and conditions -- the technically legally binding agreement consumers approve in exchange for use of free Internet, though virtually few actually read the terms. The company said it did so to call attention to the fact consumers are regularly agreeing to terms that they may not actually like, including granting access to private information and data about their web browsing habits.
    Other community service tasks agreed to by users included "providing hugs to stray cats and dogs" and "painting snail shells to brighten up their existence." The agreement also promised a prize to anyone who actually became aware of the prize's existences after reading the terms and conditions -- yet after two weeks only one person came forward to claim the prize.

connieseamaster and jetkins like this.
  17. ioaniro Jul 20, 2018

Why would they be weary? Most private watch sales you send the money first they wait till they are cleared and then they ship you the item. At least that was my understanding. So the stress is always on the buyer .

Lovewatches2 likes this.
  18. Kmart Jul 20, 2018

This is not at all the same thing. Of course no one is going to take the time to read pages upon pages of terms and conditions, it's ridiculous to expect that anyone would. We're talking about a few bullet points that lay out the forum rules. I really don't think it's too much to ask to take literally a minute or two to understand the rules before signing up.

- 200 posts required to post in the sales forum.
    - One thread or bump per 24 hours.
    - Make deals via PM. (200 posts not required to buy watches)

Obviously there's more to it than that but it's still really not a difficult read.

Lovewatches2, Rman, Ree and 1 other person like this.
  19. TDBK Jul 20, 2018

Oh, I totally agree with you that it's reasonable to expect people to read and learn the rules. I just don't think that making people check a box saying they've read the rules will, in practice, lead to many more people doing so.

jetkins likes this.
  20. BlackTalon This Space for Rent Jul 20, 2018

Just letting you know. OF is a 'community' of collectors that happens to have a buy/ sell subforum to help members trade with each other. Some collectors do not like to sell to people they have not seen around before. Even is a sale if to be handled via wire transfer, there are plenty of scammers out there who will waste the sellers' time and possibly cost them the opportunity to sell to another established forum member in the interim.