Forums Latest Members
  1. vintagenovice Jan 28, 2015

Hi, I'm thinking of getting a vintage Omega for my friend's 40th and really don't want to get a fake watch as a gift. I've been reading your forum and thank you, it's so useful. May I ask you experts if this watch is a fake because based on all your comments so far, I think it is. I thought the movement looks fake and also, case number is not found in the Omega database. The reg number seems to indicate it's from 1972 but Bulgaria seller says it's 1973? A lot of alarm bells so appreciate your advice.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
  2. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Jan 28, 2015

Genuine.

Usually identified as Genève but also with plain dials.

This is gold plated with a Caliber 625.

But be aware that it's a ladies watch and will be quite small.

3. vintagenovice Jan 29, 2015

Thanks JimInOz! I didn't realize how small it was so thank you for that too!

4. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Jan 29, 2015

Yes, very small, the movement is only 17.5mm diameter, so the whole thing isn't much bigger but would be OK for a lady.

5. vintagenovice Mar 23, 2015

Hi Jim
    I'm still looking for the perfect watch for my friend and learning the ropes. She wanted a big watch so thank you for making me realise how small the previous one was. If you have time, can you take a look and advise if this is a fake? I was concerned about the logo on the face and the case number because it is supposed to be a winding watch. Thanks so much again!

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
  6. Hijak Mar 23, 2015

That is a reference 2933 and based on the OVDB should have a cal. 267 movement. From the movement serial number it is from approximately 1960 and has a 20 micron gold plated case...from those pictures it's hard to tell the originality of the dial. A better dial picture would be helpful. The problem with this watch is that the gold plate is flaking off, you can see this clearly on the bottom left lug. The crown also looks to not match the case, among other things...I would personally pass on this one, you can do much better.

azroxx likes this.
  7. vintagenovice Mar 23, 2015

Thank you Hijak. I will take your advice.

8. vintagenovice Apr 30, 2015

Hi Hijak and JimInOz

May I get your expert advice on whether this watch is authentic and a good buy for my friend? I'm unsure about the movement because it doesn't look clean? Thanks so very much!

image.jpg image.jpg
  9. Lessismore Pro Constellation picker-outter! Apr 30, 2015

that's a redial....movement looks very very tired... don't think the crown is original... get my drift....

10. vintagenovice Apr 30, 2015

Thank you. I got your drift. I will continue my hunt!