Forums Latest Members
  1. VintageOmegaLove Jun 3, 2019

Good day all!

So my partner recently purchased an Omega 23.4 sub-second movement (same size dial)! The movement looks to be in good shape and seems to just require a good clean and lube.

We're now looking to source a correct case for it. Does anybody know how the original case looked like? We've done some research and found a few similar dials in various cases - attached below. Also, if anybody happens to have a spare 23.4 case (for sub or central second) lying about, we would be very interested!

What's also interesting about this dial is the added (and now faded) 'C Fox Ltd - Bournemouth' signature just above the sub-second. Not surprisingly, from what we've read Charles Fox is the name of a British jeweller which first opened in Yeovil and is now based in Bournemouth. Can anybody confirm this? It is definitely the first that I have seen.

Any information about the Omega 23.4 would be greatly appreciated! There is just something so very exciting about learning the history of these beautiful artefacts.

Hope to hear from you guys soon, and enjoy the photos!

Our Movement
    IMG_3949.jpg
    IMG_3956.jpg
    IMG_3964.jpg
    IMG_3965.jpg
    IMG_1247.JPG
    You can just make out the '23.4' marking below the balance from this photo.

Some cases that we've seen
    IMG_7212.JPG
    IMG_7214.JPG IMG_7221.JPG
    IMG_7220.JPG
    This one seems to be a solid gold 9K Dennison case

IMG_7215.JPG IMG_7213.JPG
    My partner actually really fancies one of these cases that are housing the centre-second 23.4. I think she would be over the moon if someone had a case like this for her! The sub-second version should fit nicely as the only difference is the extra height of the 23.4 SC, added by the centre-second components.

And finally the jeweller Charles Fox
    charles_fox_587_898.jpg ad_555x430.jpg

All the best,
    Chris

Edited Jun 3, 2019
  2. VintageOmegaLove Jun 8, 2019

Anything? Anyone? :(

3. VintageOmegaLove Jun 13, 2019

Does anybody have any information? :coffee: