Forums Latest Members
  1. moreluca1971 Nov 30, 2017

Hello everybody, can someone help me i'm trying to find some info about an iron sport watch Omega made in '70.
    Best regards,
    Luca M.

IMG_2474.JPG IMG_2475.JPG
  2. dan7800 Nov 30, 2017

Do you have photos of the caseback? Movement shots might also be helpful (if you can do it without damaging the watch)

3. wwhntr Nov 30, 2017

Welcome Lucas,

This is known as an Omega Geneve Admiralty dive watch, I believe reference 166.054, probably with caliber 565 movement. I have seen these in blue, red, and silver...possibly more colors, dial/bezel. The Admiralty line was available with manual or automatic movements, date or non date.

Here is a link to previous thread on this line of Omega.
    https://omegaforums.net/threads/advice-needed-on-an-omega-admiralty-166-038.5657/

4. moreluca1971 Nov 30, 2017

5. wwhntr Nov 30, 2017

Assess your watch. Is it in same condition as watch in auction? (More pictures including movement and inside case back might get more response to your inquiry.) Note, watch in auction is manual wind, non date version. Do a Google search for your watch reference, maybe an eBay search too. Look for actual sales results of ended auctions. Also, you are not a “brick and mortar” store/internet dealer. I find that often these sales results are inflated by as much as 20-40%? Does this help? Ultimately it’s worth is what a seller and buyer are willing to part with.

Most forum members here have been in this as a hobby or business for quite some time. The knowledge we’ve amassed has taken years of looking for and buying experience. It’s not easy to teach a newcomer to this hobby what we’ve worked diligently for over 5-30 years!

Regards,
    Keith

Edward53 likes this.