Forums Latest Members
  1. TheLastOne Jul 16, 2017

Hi team,

I have this very very old watch which was in the attic of an old house i own.

Can anyone help me on its age and value if possiable?

(See photos)

IMG_7838.JPG IMG_7841.JPG
  2. chipsotoole Jul 16, 2017

wild guess...ladies pocket watch to wrist watch conversion. perhaps made in period 1890-1910 and converted sometime after that, dial seems a little bit later and probably not the original..again a guess.... 1914-1925...(I love guessing)..we really need to see inside and have a look at the movement.
    don't do value..not here, almost not ever..it upsets the natives.Prove yourself worthy of some informed guesses and presumptions and they'll join in (perhaps)......that's what eBay/chrono24/watchuseek/google/ is for...

TheLastOne likes this.
  3. Canuck Jul 16, 2017

What is there about it that says Omega to you? Plated base metal case, maybe a paper dial, pin set! I'll bet the movement has a cylinder escapement. Picture showing what is in the case please.

TheLastOne likes this.
  4. TheLastOne Jul 17, 2017

thanks chipsotoole, appreciate the guess, i wont mention the value of a watch on here again, i dont want to tip the boat!

Canuck, i did do my research before i came on here, and there are other omega watches that carry the same shield symbol, thats why i posted it on here, i still cant figure out how to get the back off, i may take it to the local watch shop and see if they can help?

I will post a photo afterwards so you have more info to work with.

Thanks again guys.

5. Canuck Jul 17, 2017

If you refer to the cartouche on the case back as shown in your second picture, that has absolutely nothing to do with who made either watch, or the case. It is merely a generic design, providing an open space for an engraved monogram. We need to see what is inside the case.