Help identifying

Hi everyone!

I got the watch from my father, who had the thing in a drawer for all of his grown life.
He in turn, got it from my late grandfather(Died 1989), who was a small time watch-fanatic.

What do i know?

It's in rough shape.

It was probably bought before ~1965.

The dial is more "Anthracite" than black, and seem to be somewhat "shimmering". (I don't think the splotches all are dirt and residue on the dial)
The case, bezel, crown and lug are all in silver.
The hour markings look to be in gold/reose gold. The same markings are "squarish" and not arrow-shaped like they often seem to be on older vintage models?
The case back has the observatory gold insert.

The watch has for sure not been tampered with by anyone since 1989. Before that, i dont know.

My own guess would be 1953. But i have not seen any image anywhere on the interwebz the same silver case with the same dial.

I would like to know if anyone know what exact model/"dial version" this is. And if it in any way is possible to know the exact year it was made. And what sort of strap it was sold with.

Greatly appreciated!
Edited:

Loveley watch! I guess someone will just know the Ref by looking at it, but the easy way is to open the caseback. The Ref is marked on the inside.
Keep it in good health, Its just beautiful!

Nico

Thank you for the quick reply!
Why 8?
Is this dial color just named "black" or something else .. ?

Thank you for the quick reply!
Why 8?
Just the model sequence number, sometimes it's the same as year of production, sometimes not.

Are you referring to “Gilt”?

Close up photos will help give you more feedback but from zooming on the ones provided it looks like a Gilt dial.

welcome @libbelibbe

You have a rather nice Constellation there.

As others have said, the info you require is inside the case back and on the movt.

Most likely from the second half of the 50s - and whilst it has a few knocks (especially on the case below the crown) it is still a nice watch.
You might want the damage seen to (made a little less obvious) but don't let anyone polish the case as it retains most of its original shape and angles.

The dial would have originally been black but has faded to a rather pleasing homogenous speckled grey.