Forums Latest Members
  1. mjohnston Jun 28, 2012

I have an interesting piece. This watch once belonged to the Vice President of Bank of America Francis Baer. It has been passed down through the family to me (Matthew Baer Johnston) and I have no doubts about its authenticity or origins. Unfortunatley I cannot identify exactly what it is. My best guess is a type of 30T2 but I have yet to find one with full numbers and a setup quite like mine. I figured I would ask people who know what they are talking about.

It is a wind up watch if that helps.

Thanks in advance.

[​IMG]

2. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Jun 28, 2012

I am sure you are correct about the watches provenance 251.jpg . But it still may may been redialed while the family owned it. Something does not appear quite right.

3. mjohnston Jun 28, 2012

The incorrect spelling of chronometre? I am aware and investigating.

Altgough it looks as if Omega did switch to chronometer in 1960 or so.

4. kyle L Grasshopper Staff Member Jun 28, 2012

Nice watch, I think it has been redialed though. All the examples I have seen have "Chronometre" instead of "Chronometer" with Chronometre above Omega. Here's the closest example I can find:

[​IMG]

Not a watch but a cutout of one. :p

5. MSNWatch Vintage Omega Aficionado Staff Member Jun 28, 2012

That is likely a 30T2Rg chronometre watch in a 14 or 18k gold case with correct hands but an obvious and poorly done redial - no doubt about it at all.

6. ulackfocus Jun 28, 2012

Yep, it's a refinished dial. Still, it's a nice watch and an heirloom. :thumbsup:

7. mjohnston Jun 28, 2012

Thank you all for your feedback. I'll have it sharpened up to original spec as soon as I can.