1. cdnturbo Mar 21, 2017

I need help identifying the watch in the attached photo

Thanks in advance

IMG_2674.JPG
    kyle L likes this.
  2. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Mar 21, 2017

Jwit likes this.
  3. cdnturbo Mar 21, 2017

I know that it is a chronograph I wanted to find out the year and model. I've looked on line and I can't seem to find the same model The strap on the right is the original strap in rough shape

4. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Mar 21, 2017

Read the link I posted. Once you make an effort, we will.

5. cdnturbo Mar 21, 2017

I have answered the best I can . I don't currently have the watch with me so I cant get any more photos. I bought the watch used approx 20 years ago. It is in good working condition and is a manual wind

6. Jwit Not a doctor, but plays one on ΩF Mar 21, 2017

When you get an opportunity to get the watch in your hands please take clear in focus pictures of it. Also take it to a qualified watch maker to have the caseback opened without damaging it. There are numbers on the movement and the inside of the caseback that will help you find all the info you want. Take pictures of all these (again clear and focused photos).

We are willing to help you if you will help us.

-Jake

7. FREDMAYCOIN Mar 21, 2017

A salutation and or introduction will also help.

adi4 and Jwit like this.
  8. Davidt Mar 21, 2017

Probably late 40's/50's.

Probably a cal 321.

You need the reference and serial number to go much further.

9. cdnturbo Mar 21, 2017

Ok thanks for all the information The watch is currently about 2 hours from where I live I will try and get some more information in the next month or so.
    I was thinking of selling it, but need more info before I do.

10. redpcar Mar 21, 2017

ah. :coffee:

11. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Mar 21, 2017

No shit, really? I am shocked that was your intention.

12. cdnturbo Mar 21, 2017

I think I'll go elsewhere from now on

13. redpcar Mar 21, 2017

yep. :coffee:

14. watchlovr Mar 21, 2017

Goodbye.
    Here's mine.
    FullSizeRender.jpg

IMG_1833.JPG
    balaja and Etp095 like this.
  15. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Mar 21, 2017

That's fine but may I suggest you try this at your next stop: Hello, I'm cdnturbo. I have this beautiful Omega chronograph that I would like to get a little information about. I have attached multiple photos, including the movement number and the caseback, including the reference number.
    I have determined it's a (fill in the blank). From the photos I have compared it to, it looks original. I would appreciate any additional information and thoughts about originality. (Popular option)
    Or, you could say screw that and just come clean, in the beginning, about your desire to determine a value so you can sell it. (Not a popular option)

TNTwatch, adi4 and arcadelt like this.
  16. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Mar 21, 2017

Screen Shot 2017-03-22 at 11.29.03 AM.png Lcdo9nAgi.jpg

jrhave2 and WatchWarlock like this.
  17. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Mar 21, 2017

18. cdnturbo Mar 21, 2017

watchlovr Nice looking watch I scoured the internet and yours is the first I have seen with the same face as mine

19. FREDMAYCOIN Mar 21, 2017

Don't let the door hit you on the way out

20. arcadelt Mar 21, 2017

I'm pretty new here and was a bit taken aback by the robustness of the posts on this forum too when I started. However, if you for one minute put yourself in the shoes of the many longtime members here who have seen every variation of approach by those wanting their counsel, I think you will understand the sometimes shortness of their responses. The anonymity of the Internet means we sometime forget a polite entry and the speed of getting answers also means we are sometimes impatient when we can't immediately get the information that we want; however, as suggested by @efauser, a short introduction, some decent photos and an outline of what you know will go a long way here.

In the real world you would pay handsomely for the information that you can get on this forum for free, but here the cost it just some polite words and a demonstration that you have at least attempted a modicum of research.

With respect to going elsewhere, there are good Omega resources at watchuseek and The Rolex Forums, but I have played over there much longer than here, and @efauser is again right that you will not get information more readily over there either.

Best of luck with your research and subsequent sale.

TNTwatch, cdnturbo, adi4 and 2 others like this.