Forums Latest Members
  1. MortenCB Dec 18, 2013

Hi, I was hoping some of you fine gentlemen could help me identifying this Omega watch I inherited from my Grandfather.
    I have some concerns whether or not its genuine since I haven't found any models matching it, though I'm not into Omega watches myself.

In advance, thank you for your time and any information you might be able to provide.

Kind regards,
    Morten

065A1342.jpg 065A1343.jpg 065A1345.jpg 065A1346.jpg

2. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Dec 18, 2013

It's quite genuine dating from the mid 1960s.

MortenCB likes this.
  3. MortenCB Dec 18, 2013

Thank you for your quick reply!

I am thinking of replacing the glass since unfortunately as you can see, it is quite scratched up.
    Browsing the forum, I read that people advice against sending vintage watches to Omega for repairs/service.
    Would you advice against this as well regarding this watch? Not sure if it goes for this model or if its just the higher end watches and/or very old models.

I have added a few more photos just in case (since the more the merrier I guess).

065A1349.jpg 065A1351.jpg 065A1355.jpg 065A1359.jpg

4. ulackfocus Dec 18, 2013

Hi Morten. It looks like a caliber 60x in pretty good shape. The glass is actually acrylic and can be polished instead of replaced. I think I see the Ω symbol in the center which means it might be original. Find a watchmaker who's sympathetic to vintage and have it serviced and cleaned up. What area are you in?

ps - nice heirloom!

MortenCB likes this.
  5. MortenCB Dec 18, 2013

Thanks for your advice Dennis!
    I'm located in Oslo, Norway.
    Since i see you're from the states I presume you wouldn't happen to know any watchmakers here, hehe, though I will follow your recommendation and look for a watchmaker who can do it justice!

Regarding your observation "I think I see the Ω symbol in the center", where exactly do you mean?
    I could try and provide a better image if needed if I know where/what you are referring to.

I'm very happy with this beautiful heirloom and I hope to be able to bring it back to its glory and wear it like it was meant to.

Thanks again for your time and thoughts.

6. ulackfocus Dec 18, 2013

Omega put their logo, the Ω, in the center on the underside of the crystal. It's right above the pinion the hands are attached to.

We have some members near you that might be able to recommend a good watchmaker.