Forums Latest Members

Help Identifying Vintage Longines "Open Frame"?

1. jlafou1 Dec 11, 2017

Hello everyone, I could use your assistance in steering me in the right direction regarding this watch. I've found this amongst a collection of vintage watches offered for sale online. The closest thing I've come across was a similarly styled watch listed as "open frame". Do any of the experts here know any sort of reference number, name, or style you would call this? Or perhaps any time period? I've requested additional photos but this is all I have at the time. Thanks in advance!

IMG_2330.PNG
  2. McKinley Dec 11, 2017

I have seen it written up on multiple eBay auctions as a ladder case. I am no expert and all it takes is one misinformed auctioneer to lead all the copy cats a stray on the following auctions. I think if you did a search using "ladder case" you will get some hits, but it doesn't mean it is the correct name. Hope this helps.

McK

jlafou1 likes this.
  3. argonbeam Dec 11, 2017

Most common model with this case is called "Mainliner", always gold-filled. Has a different dial than the one you show above. I have never come across this case with the dial you are showing. Always a couple on ebay, with a good current example with proper dial: https://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-ORIGI...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

jlafou1 likes this.
  4. jlafou1 Dec 12, 2017

Thank you. This has pointed me in the right direction.