Forums Latest Members

Help identifying this Zenith please.

1. Thegreatroberto Dec 27, 2015

Hi
    First post ( I think) on an Omega forum, and it's about a Zenith. ( I do have 4 Omegas as well).
    Recently bought this, but I have little knowledge about it, so any help would be appreciated.

I have yet to take the back off, but believe the movement number to be 5,207,XXX. It should be a 133.8 movement. This sort of dates it to 1961/62 , which I believe is late even for a 133.8.
    The case is 18K, and has "20209 London" on the case back.
    I believe the dial to be original, but open to suggestions..............

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Any help is appreciated.

Edited Dec 27, 2015
  2. Zenith17 Dec 30, 2015

really hard to say without the movement back,hands does look so to be an original.

3. Thegreatroberto Dec 30, 2015

Hi
    Thanks. Watch is away for a service, so am unable to get back off. Only got the front view to go by!
    Apart from "Zenith Automatic and Swiss Made", not much else to go on!

4. BartH Follows a pattern of overpaying Jan 1, 2016

Crown might be a replacement, but other than that it looks ok to me. Hands match nicely with the markers.

5. Thegreatroberto Jan 2, 2016

Agree about the crown. But I've always assumed that crowns and crystals were consumables anyway. Hands are dials are not!
    Good that so far opinions are that hands and dial are originals. Would still appreciate any ideas about the model. Did they have names in the '59's and '60's?

6. Stewart H Honorary NJ Resident Jan 2, 2016

Zenith have made a lot of watches that did not have a model designation. The 133 and 133.8 calibres typically fit into this category and whilst other manufactures had produced full rotor automatics by this time, Zenith were late into the game with their bumpers. Having said that, they are exceptionally good movements that were designed by the same man responsible for the legendary Cal. 135.

7. Thegreatroberto Jan 16, 2016

Right.

Link here to Watchguys site.
    http://watchguy.co.uk/cgi-bin/library?action=show_photos&wat_id=1780
    No bad news back from Christian, so I can only assume the movement is in reasonable order. It may have been serviced not that long ago, but at least now I know it has had some love at Watchguy.
    Any further info about these watches or movements great appreciated. Are spares readily available, or are they getting hard to find.
    Thanks.