Forums Latest Members
  1. Mustiquee Apr 13, 2018

Hi!

First of all, i am new here and in watch collecting also, so excuse my lack of knowledge. I want to become a part of this great community and i am here to learn and read interesting stories on other peoples Omegas. Second thing i want to adress before getting to the actual business is that english is not my first language. I will try my best, and if i come across rude or cannot find the right words from time to time, bear with me. =)

Second watch is little bit easier i assume. The dial is in pristene condition, The crystal not so much :D It also doesnt run but it is a bit of a project for me anyways. The movement is Cal. 265 with serial 12166158. I seem to be unable to to find a similar watch so info on this will also be highly appreciated! I will add some photos on both watches below. If you need more or better photos, please tell me. These are jus a quick snaps. Thank you in advance for your kind help!

Edited: 18K fake outta here.

de09e97e-c7c9-4818-a6b2-731b415c7c24.JPG IMG_0046.JPG IMG_0047.JPG
    Edited Apr 13, 2018
  2. GuiltyBoomerang Apr 13, 2018

Cal 265 is real.

The 18k is a fake.

Mustiquee and efauser like this.
  3. Edward53 Apr 13, 2018

Hi and welcome to the forum. You were right to question the "Golden Seamaster" as it is a fairly common fake. The other one is perfectly genuine. The dial looks good, can't be certain from this photo but the movement is clean so there's a good chance the dial is ok as well. Your English is very good for a non-native speaker btw.

Edited to add: The hands on the genuine watch look too long - the minute hand should just reach the minute markers, so they may be replacements.

Mustiquee likes this.
  4. redpcar Apr 13, 2018

Your fake Omega has an AS1130 manual wind movement. It actually has some value but not with the Omega logo. The balance is no longer available and people like me have a couple watches in need of donor parts :)

Mustiquee likes this.
  5. Mustiquee Apr 13, 2018

As i suspected, thank you for confirming this. Interesting thoug as i know for sure that the fake is bought from a jewellery shop in Finland, as it sill had the receipt from the shop. Year was sometime in the 70`s.

Thanks! I would like to know the reference to this 265 one. I just want to know what model it is etc. Interesting about the hands. Omegas own vintage site is down (at least for me so can´t check it).

Edit: Also the crystal doesn´t have the small Omega logo on it. It could just be that it is so full of scratches that i couldn´t find it.

Edited Apr 13, 2018
  6. Mustiquee Apr 13, 2018

Thanks for the info! I am just gonna leave that to dust as i don´t want to break my dad´s heart. He thinks that it is genuine and it´s fine. He is not gonna wear it anyway so no risk of embarrasing himself. When i some day will inherit it i can just hide it somewhere :D

7. Mustiquee Apr 14, 2018

Update! That 265 movement was in the point where it couldn´t be wound (is this the correct word?) any further. Now that i wanted to see if you could move the minute and hour hands to set the time, the watch started running again and has been running now for 3 hours straight. In other news, i finally was able to go to the Omega vintage catalog and found this. https://www.omegawatches.com/watch-omega-other-omega-ck-2503 I think that this is it, but i don´t trust my own knowledge. Also there is little info and no picture so i really cannot tell. About the hands being wrong, i have seen a few similar dials with the same hands. The minute hand extends similarly to mine, but again im not an expert.

Thanks in advance for any help!

8. Mustiquee May 2, 2018

Up