Forums Latest Members
  1. percymon Dec 4, 2019

Appreciate any help Identifying this gold Omega.

My fathers watch for ca 50 years. Bought in the UK at what I guess would be the mid to late 60s.
    The crown and crystal were replaced in the early to mid eighties with non Omega parts. Lugs distance is 18mm so I’d estimate the case size to be ca 35mm.

Any help identifying the model ref or rough model name would be much appreciated.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

manual wind, never been serviced (! :( ) but still runs great with good time keeping.

2. MyVintageOmega Dec 4, 2019

Would need to see inside and more images. Don't see really too much to make me convinced it is an Omega.The 6 O;clock marker seems whacked out. The case back with green discoloring (if indeed that is what it is) and it's over all finishing seems not correct. IMHO

Samir likes this.
  3. percymon Dec 5, 2019

Thanks for the reply - only photos i have currently, and it'll be a few weeks before i see the watch to be able to open it up.

As far as i know it was bought new from the high street back in mid - late sixties. I think the non Omega crystal is more domed than the original, so probably not helping the look of the 6 o'clock marker (distortion ?). I'll have a better look at it during the Christmas holidays.

4. MyVintageOmega Dec 6, 2019

Cheers, hope it's all good

percymon likes this.
  5. padders Oooo subtitles! Dec 6, 2019

It’s gold plated not solid gold. The dial looks right but there is a high probability that is a fake I am afraid. Pop the back and all you need will be revealed, the case number and movement will tell all.

percymon likes this.
  6. percymon Dec 6, 2019

I'll have a look during Xmas break, I wouldn't have thought it was a fake given it been in my fathers possession for the time it has, but you never know. He thinks he has the box and paperwork somewhere, although I've never seen it myself