Forums Latest Members
  1. James123 Dec 12, 2017

I've been casually browsing newer Omega watches for maybe 6 months or so trying to decide on one for daily wear but I've come across a vintage model locally that I'm interested in purchasing for more formal occasions. I've scoured the internet trying to figure out what a fair price would be for it but I can't find anything with the same exact face to be able to do some comparison shopping. If someone could point me to the correct model I'd appreciate it. Its a gold case marked "14K Gold B&A", the band isn't original but I'd prefer a leather band to the gold one on it anyway. I couldn't take the back off but I'm told its a 601 17 jewel movement with a 25,###,### serial number putting the date at 1967 I believe. Of particular concern for me is that I don't see any other watches of that period where the 3,6,9,noon markers come to a point like this one does. The case backs are also pretty different on other Omegas of that era. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.
    FACE.jpg FACE2.jpg REAR.jpg

2. padders Oooo subtitles! Dec 13, 2017

Looks locally cased. US market?

3. James123 Dec 13, 2017

Yes its currently located in the United States.

4. James123 Dec 13, 2017

So I'm guessing the going rate is somewhere in the $250-400 range, the band is a gold plated Kreisler band so it has no value. I'm going to end up buying a new band and probably sending it in for service so I'd like to be at the low end of that range. Anyone have an opinion on whether I'm in the ballpark?

5. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Dec 13, 2017

I don't think you'll get it for $250. The gold melt value is probably close to that.

Go look at manual wind solid 14K gold Omegas on the completed items on eBay.

I'd be surprised that you'd find many under $600.
    gatorcpa

6. James123 Dec 13, 2017

7. James123 Dec 13, 2017