Forums Latest Members
  1. Watchhelp Apr 10, 2022

Looking for help on my grandads Omega watch. I know little about it and can't seem to find much online about it. My knowledge on watches is little to none so, Ave started here for some help.
    As far as I know its not a copy according to family. And that's about it.
    (Hopefully this is correct). Will attach a photo of watch and any help would be great.
    Thanks for looking

20220410_111217.jpg 20220410_111315.jpg 20220410_111303.jpg
    hen likes this.
  2. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Apr 10, 2022

Watchhelp likes this.
  3. p4ul “WATERRROOP” to 50m Apr 10, 2022

If you google Omega 166.0202 you will find much information on your watch. (Seamaster Automatic).

Watchhelp likes this.
  4. savka Apr 10, 2022

Welcome! Watches have reference numbers to help identify them. They are typically located on the inside of the case back. In your case, the reference number is 166.0202.

With that information you can look up other details about the watch, including pictures of other examples. The movement inside is a caliber 1010. There is a serial number on the movement that is not visible in your pictures but can help you get a rough date for the watch using online tables.

Your watch needs to be serviced by a watchmaker. That’s where they disassemble the watch, clean and inspect all parts, reassemble, lubricate, and adjust the timing. It appears your watch is missing some parts, including the crown and winding stem. There also appears to be one case screw missing and you could use a new crystal as well — all things a competent watchmaker could fix, if you decide it’s worth the cost.

Watchhelp likes this.
  5. Watchhelp Apr 11, 2022

Thanks for the reply. The face seems different from all the rest I have seen. Was trying to find one similar in colour to compare. Cheers

6. Watchhelp Apr 11, 2022

Thanks for reply. I did,it kept pointing me to a seamaster all the others I seen said seamaster or had some symbol on it. I couldn't work out why this one didn't. Could see any with similar face either so had me curious.

7. Watchhelp Apr 11, 2022

Thanks for that I did think that was the case with the watch. Tbh it's lay in a drawer for years so was wondering it's worth. Was looking all over for something identical but couldn't find. It kept pointing me to a seamaster but the face was different from most I seen online.. thanks