Forums Latest Members
  1. ais1@ Jul 11, 2019

greetings everyone,
    I just joined the forum and was hoping you knowledgeable folks could help identify an Omega pocketwatch.
    It is 18c gold, quartz movement 1332.
    I believe from the late 1970s or 1980s
    Here are a few pics.
    Was my father’s watch so would like to know anything specific about the model etc.
    Cheers,
    Andrew

B8BC6263-C2E5-4D9B-81AC-152D5E65683C.jpeg
    Edited Jul 14, 2019
  2. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Jul 11, 2019

Gold plated early 80's piece (maybe gold filled). If you really want to know the information is on the inside of the case, which should be easy to access as it is quartz. The model number will be inside, and the serial should be able to give you an approximate date with an easy google search.

Unfortunately, not a lot of interest or value in these. As it appears to be gold plated (or filled) due to lack of hallmarks or markings so the case value is most likely low, and at this time quartz pocket watches are not generating any interest. There is a small chance that pocket watches return to fashion, and I've never seen a quartz Omega pocket watch before... but rarity does not equal value.

I'll admit there is a small chance that this is gold filled or gold... as the engravings are not showing through to the base metal... But normally you would see some writing on the outside to denote this. If you can show a picture of the inside back of the case and movement we can tell you more as to the value of the case.

On the other hand the chain does have a hallmark and appears to be solid gold.

3. ais1@ Jul 11, 2019

Thanks for your input. For some reason I think this is solid gold ( I do know the push part to adjust minute hand was soft gold and needs replaced because damaged from use ) but will try and get more info from the inside of case etc. I just sent to a watch maker to service it so I hope Watchmaker can give me more info plus any internal markings.

Foo2rama likes this.