Forums Latest Members
  1. waterproofpt Sep 4, 2016

Hmmm. I wonder if anyone can help me out in identifying this Omega DeVille please. This is a pic I took from a fellow I was chatting with a couple of days ago and noticed his watch. But unfortunately I have no way of contacting him to find out from him. And I didn't think to ask for details at the time.

[​IMG]

I've spent a few hours trying to find it .... looked on eBay, (there were 1400 some odd Deville automatics listed but not one like this), Googled it etc etc but the closest I can come up with is one with a date. Ref 166.029 with a cal 565. ( the one in the pic below is a redial)

[​IMG]

I gather it's likely from the late 60's. And I do like the simplicity of the dial without the date. Once I've got the ref and/or cal I trust I'll be able to get a sense of its value. I did see one reference in a forum from a few yrs back that put it (the date version) around $300- $500 USD. But if anyone can give me a current ballpark for either the date or the no date, even better.

To clarify, it's not a watch in my possession so I'm not fishing for a selling price. But I would be interested in buying if I could find a nice specimen. Looked awesome on that strap too. Just FYI, The strap is a Hirsch Anubi tan. Nicely aged. Go figure, I asked him details about the strap but not the watch. Duh.

Interesting though, I did find that Girard Perregaux made a gyromatic (with date) that looks very similar.

Many thanks for any info you can provide. Cheers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2. waterproofpt Sep 4, 2016

Aha!! ....?.. Is it this?
    1967. 156.0029. Cal 552 ???
    Found this in Omega vintage db.

[​IMG]

3. waterproofpt Sep 4, 2016

So ... I was given some info that seems to shed some light on it. They said ...

This Omega you have here I don't think it is correct. The dial is a
    DeVille and looks to me to belong to the case 165.033. The case you have here
    is a Geneve case 165.041 for non date or 166.041 for date version.

So my own best guess may in fact be off. But ..... All part of learning.