Help identifying my omega pocket watch

Hi everyone I’m very new to one watches, and two this site.

so quickly just so everyone knows the story. My grandfather gifted me this watch 8 years ago. When I received it I just thought it was a very cool old pocket watch. I carried it with me everywhere and used it to this day.

Recently maybe a week ago I had a weird feeling to open the back of the watch never done it and I’ve had it for 8 years. When I opened I realised it had a stamp as you can see in the pictures it’s an Omega stamp sounded familiar but again no idea. Did some research and haven’t gotten very far I found some of these in crazy mint condition going for crazy money.

I honestly just want to know a little bit more about it. I have uploaded any pictures which might be of help to get more information on it. The serial number is 6850789 and it’s the same on the movement. I saw that it’s also had an engraving on the movement but I can’t decrypt it.

Thank you in advance for any information on this watch

Please turn off the macro lens on your camera, and give us a picture of the entire movement (mechanism), and picture of the entire interior of the case back. The scribble on the movement behind the dial likely means it was repaired in 1939. Mark left by a witless watchmaker most likely.

Please turn off the macro lens on your camera, and give us a picture of the entire movement (mechanism), and picture of the entire interior of the case back. The scribble on the movement behind the dial likely means it was repaired in 1939. Mark left by a witless watchmaker most likely.

Thank you for getting back to me, I hope I’ve done what you’ve asked I tried to turn of the macro lense and I took the pictures as best as I could if you need any other ones please let me know.

Also Thank you for providing me the information, good to know when it was last looked cheers at least now I know a year

You’ve shown us the front of the movement, behind the dial. Please turn the movement over, and show us the other side of the movement. The lack of hallmarks and standard marks inside the case would seem to indicate possibly a nickel-copper alloy. Not silver, but an alloy called nickel silver. Omega used a copyrighted name on many cases such as yours. STAYBRITE is the name often used, but it is lacking on yours.

You’ve shown us the front of the movement, behind the dial. Please turn the movement over, and show us the other side of the movement. The lack of hallmarks and standard marks inside the case would seem to indicate possibly a nickel-copper alloy. Not silver, but an alloy called nickel silver. Omega used a copyrighted name on many cases such as yours. STAYBRITE is the name often used, but it is lacking on yours.

My mistake I wasn’t aware there are two side, here is the picture Of the back side.

A lot of these have wrecked dials, as there are usually 3 dial feet rather than the usual two.

Pocket watches are pretty much art projects these days. Scrapped for their gears and what not. There are some what have value to older collectors. These tend to get traded amongst themselves. It can take years of study to know what is what.

Stick around. Watch collecting can be a rewarding hobby. Watch photography even more so.