Forums Latest Members

Help Identifying Modern Universal Geneve Watch

1. wormishere1 Feb 14, 2014

Hi,

I have had this watch for a number of years now and toying with the idea of selling it but have no idea of the model or even when it was made (assuming 2000's). I have the original boxes with it too, but cannot find any trace of the model online.

I understand if you guys deal more with the vintage sides of things but any help would be appreciated.

UG1.jpg UG2.jpg
  2. ulackfocus Feb 14, 2014

It's an ETA powered watch, which will make it less valuable than an in-house movement. You could put it on eBay in a straight auction - that will tell you how much people are willing to pay.

3. wormishere1 Feb 14, 2014

Thank you. I cannot find any reference to the watches they made more recently. I guess if it just uses an ETA movement then it is just the cases that are different...

4. woodwkr2 Feb 14, 2014

It's a pretty tank watch. Universal Geneve was really at its peak from the late 1930s through 1960s. Even their modern chronographs (which typically use the ubiquitous Valjoux 7750) don't sell well. You can pick up a modern chrono for around $1-1.5K, so I wouldn't expect that you'd get a whole lot for this one. Hence it may be worth leaving right there on your own wrist.