Forums Latest Members
  1. usmedalman May 7, 2013

Hello, I am new to the forum and need some help please. I bought this old this Omega Seamaster in 1983 for $50 and wore it for a few years before I broke one of the pins holding the band together and lost the end piece. Since then it has been sitting around for 20 years in my drawer and I would like to fix the band so I can wear it again. I need the two end pieces but cannot identify the style number of the band so that I can order the missing pieces. Most of the bands I have seen on websites are identified with numbers like 1234/567 but this one only as a No.12 inside an oval and also 4-78 stamped on the clasp part. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

PICT1193.JPG PICT1196.JPG
  2. JimInOz Melbourne Australia May 7, 2013

3. JimInOz Melbourne Australia May 7, 2013

You can find a suitable bracelet by measuring the distance between the lugs where the springbars (pins) are fitted.

Then try Ofrei here to find a suitable bracelet if you really want one but the original watch came with a strap and the bracelet may have been added later.

See here for a place to start http://www.ofrei.com/page748.html

I think it would be better on a kevlar strap or a NATO/ZULU but that'll be up to you.

Welcome and good luck with your quest.

Cheers
    Jim

4. rick42650 May 7, 2013

A good quality black leather band would look better than the original metal band; that metal band is nothing special..

5. usmedalman May 7, 2013

The face and bezel are dark blue, so I am not sure a black band would look right on it. I don't know if the metal band is original to the watch, it was on the watch when I bought it in 1983 and it is an original Omega band. So, I would like to find the replacement end pieces. Unfortunately Ofrei can't -- won't -- help me unless I can tell them the band style number.

6. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe May 8, 2013

I am sorry I can not help you with band info, but wow....look how appreciative people in 80's toward used Omega Automatic.
    I bet you can buy Ploprof, pre moon 321, flightmaster, Railmaster, Seamaster 300 at bargain price back then.
    Well I only 30 years late in Omega collecting game.

7. rick42650 May 8, 2013

OK-black wouldn't be that good...the bezel looks black in the pic....did you buy the watch used? If so-it is possible that only the clasp is Omega and the band might not be original...

8. usmedalman May 8, 2013

Rick, yes I bought it used. The serial number on the watch is 33135231 which I think means it was made about 1973. I don't collect watches, just bought this in 1983 used because I liked the looks. I still like it, so I would like to be able to wear it again. I never considered that the band may not be an Omega. However, I did see the same band on a 1971 Seamaster that is currently on eBay.