Forums Latest Members

Help Identifying Anything At All @ This Ladies watch

1. passdabiscuits May 22, 2014

Good Morning,

This is my first experience doing research about Omega watches. I received this from a family member before she died. She was born in '41, I believe the watch was hers and not passed down to her. I have no model name, and also am unable to remove the back without damaging it. I have attached some pictures, I have been researching online and it is the numbers used on the watch face that I am finding difficult. This watch has all numbers, where most I've seen have perhaps 12/3/6/9 as numbers and markers for the remaining hours.

I am also quite curious about the engraved sun on the clasp. Does the sun help narrow any this down perhaps the model of the watch? Can anyone recommend the best place to take the watch to have the back removed safely, and a general price for that? Below are some images, I'm hoping to get an idea at least on what decade the watch is likely to belong to:

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

2. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado May 22, 2014

Hello and welcome.

Stylistically your watch appears to be from the 1960s, but only a clear photo of the movement showing the serial number can confirm this.
    For any given reference Omega may have made many different dials, so just because you can't find one just like yours doesn't make it uncommon or unique.

The engraved sun on the clasp is likely a makers mark and is unrelated to the watch itself.

A qualified watchmaker should be able to open the watch, I would stay away from the kind of places that will change a battery for a few dollars.

When you have the watch open take nice clear photos of the inside of the case back and the movement, this will help date the watch and provide the reference number to identify the watch.

3. passdabiscuits May 22, 2014

Thanks very much for your response! My thought was 1960s as well, I had read on another site that the "Made T" seen on the lower portion of the watch face was thought to have started around 1960. I hope to find a reputable dealer who can take the back off, this watch does not have a battery, but that said I see what you mean, I can use changing a battery out as a good way to measure trusting the jeweler to be one I'd want touching this watch.

Thanks once again, I love symbolism in general and thus was very curious about the sun marking.

I will make certain to get clear pics of the backing and dials once opened.