Help Identifying Antique Pocket Watch

I purchased this online a few months back and was hoping to get some assistance with identification. Data:
Movement SN: 3757568
Case SN: 4568844
Hallmarks: Swiss/German, 0.800 silver, two Gs stamped?
Weight: 97g
I’ve done a bit of my own research and understand that the movement is likely from the latter half of the 1900-1910 decade and a 19’’’ Ligne. There were red 24hr markers on the inner dial that have since worn off.
I’m wondering the following:
-is this anything special, or is the $300-$500 range suitable
-it appears that the dial has been extensively cleaned. Is it likely the case and dial are not the originals?
-what do the two G stamps indicate? I cannot find much in terms of those stamps in the guides. Scoured vintagewatchstraps.com and couldn’t find anything.
-why the gold coloring? Is that plated? If so, is this what the Gs signify?
-are the Louis XIV hands original? I don’t see many that have those from the latter half of the nineteen oughts.
Thank you!IMG_7061.jpeg IMG_7062.jpeg IMG_7059.jpeg IMG_7058.jpeg IMG_7056.jpeg IMG_7057.jpeg IMG_7066.jpeg

The rose gold trim on the coin silver (.800 fine) Swiss made case is called a GALLONE finish. The only definition I have found for gallone is “twisted gold braid used as trim on uniforms (military?)”. It is usually found only on Swiss made silver cases from the late 19th and early 20 th centuries. Probably gold electroplated. The “G” inside the case back? No idea. The missing red numbers on the dial? That dial is vitreous enamel, and the numerals and minute track are black vitreous enamel. The black enamel characters etc. are permanent. In times past, after-market paper overlays were available to convert a 12-hour dial to 24-hour. Those would have been applied years or decades later, and are not permanent. Identification? Omega would be my guess, but you don’t need any help there. You’ve covered about everything else very well. Price? Is 300 to 500 the amount you paid? Is so, it is too late for any regrets, there. The watch is apparently in excellent condition, and (in my opinion), the case, dial, and hands are all original. I have one watch (an 18-size Elgin B W Raymond with those hands.

But it seems you may have known all that. Or just another “drive by”!

Going out on a limb here but the rogue 'G' might actually stand for 'Galonne' as it sometimes showed up with the german Halbmond hallmark

upload_2024-4-5_23-26-48.png

Going out on a limb here but the rogue 'G' might actually stand for 'Galonne' as it sometimes showed up with the german Halbmond hallmark

upload_2024-4-5_23-26-48.png

This thread was opened on March 23. I replied a day or so later, giving the information I had, including the description of Gallone. It seems this post was a “drive by” as there has been no response from the individual who had the question.

Like 1