Forums Latest Members
  1. macjose Jul 8, 2017

Good afternoon,

I don't really know what I have as far as these 2 omega watches and I was searching for answers. I know some basics but would like more detail.

The gold one was my grandfathers I believe he got it in the late 50s. And the silver one was my fathers.

Thanks!

IMG_3931.JPG IMG_3932.JPG
  2. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Jul 8, 2017

::popcorn::

3. macjose Jul 8, 2017

??

4. bags1971 Jul 8, 2017

Curb Chain made into a watch strap never seen that before

5. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Jul 8, 2017

Based on the photos you have provided, you have as much information as we do.

6. macjose Jul 8, 2017

It was purchased in Cuba, so it's gold Cuban link strap.

7. macjose Jul 8, 2017

When I took it an Omega store, they told me I would have to travel to Switzerland to get
    I know one is a constellation and the other a sea master.

I do have the serial # for the sea master, not the constellation. I do not know anything about Omegas so maybe someone had seen something like this before.

8. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Jul 8, 2017

It's like there is a sticky at the top of this forum that clearly spells out what we need to ID the watch...

We need pictures of the movement, inner and outer casebacks.

9. mac_omega Jul 8, 2017

As you said hello and thank you I will give you some advise

So you know the brand, you know the model...

google is your friend

and to find out the value you can browse through ebay sold listing

10. BartH Follows a pattern of overpaying Jul 8, 2017

I like the first one, a ref. 14381 I reckon. Wrong crown and second hand looks a bit short.

11. ConElPueblo Jul 8, 2017

I like both!

Considering the number of odd Omegas @macjose's father and grandfather could have purchased, I'd say they chose some pretty good ones :thumbsup:

Macjose - don't worry if we seem a bit unhelpful, I assure you that all you could ever want to know about your watches can be found on Omegaforums. For people here to help you further, it would be great to see the inside of the caseback, where the reference numbers are written.

efauser likes this.
  12. Vitezi Jul 8, 2017

Try to find a watchmaker near you, preferably one who is familiar with vintage watches. Have the watchmaker open the watches for you, and take plenty of close-up, well-lit (but no flash), in-focus pictures of the movements and inside casebacks. The inside caseback will provide you with a reference number, and the movement will have a serial number. Post the pictures and numbers here and we can give you a little more detail on what you have, or you can search eBay and the interweb for similar examples.

ConElPueblo likes this.