Forums Latest Members
  1. NewCollector Jul 23, 2015

Hi All. I'm totally new to the forums and feel bad that my first post is one asking for some assistance but after quite a bit of research this seemed like a good place. :)

I am not as familiar with Omega as I am with a few other brands. (Rolex is really my thing). However, I have a vintage Omega that I have owned for about a year now and finally decided to look into it more. Going to try to add photos to his post as well. Looking for help to ID.

It is an Omega Seamaster with 563 caliber movement. I opened the case back and have identified serial number 26987724 which leads me to date the watch (or at least the movement) to 1968.

It is also stamped 14K Gold filled and appears to be legit. Searching online I can find a number of SM DeVille's in gold plating but this is not a DeVille.

My other confusion is the case back. It does not have the SeaMaster logo or anything inscribed on it. According to my research the logo began in the 50's? Is it common for Omega case backs to be switched? There are also etchings on the inside of the case back: case references KM6303 and also K73379. Not sure how these relate to anything. A search of the Omega database came up fruitless.

So I'm thinking a few things here:

1.) could be a fake? But I'm a bit doubtful due to the precision and detail somebody would have put into such a fake.

2.) perhaps not all original? Is this common? Anyway to ID the individual components?

3.) is all original and I'm misunderstanding something?

I am not looking to sell the watch, but I am curious as to what rough value it may have which could help me decide to look for the parts to restore it (new band) - works well.

Any thoughts or tips, etc would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
  2. UncleBuck understands the decision making hierarchy Jul 23, 2015

I'm confident the dial is not original and I'm confident it's not solid gold.
    I don't feel anyone would fake this watch, so I'm not sure what to say....
    I just don't like the 3 being apart from the 56 (563) on the movement and I don't like the vibe from the whole deal.
    Nothing looks right to me but I have had some rum tonight!
    I'll go with answer #1, a fake by somebody with a lot of time!
    I'm not sure I'm right but it isn't worth caring about!

Correct me if I'm wrong and I may feel terrible ......tomorrow!

3. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Jul 23, 2015

Perfectly legitimate, typical gold filled US delivery mid late 60s Seamaster. Even the dial looks fine.

Very few US spec watches are the Omega Database.

4. UncleBuck understands the decision making hierarchy Jul 23, 2015

I'm puzzled by my perception, and of the finishes, but Norman is the man!
    I still am not happy with the look.