Forums Latest Members
  1. elpatterson Mar 6, 2017

hello friendly experts!

My dad just gave me my grandfather's Omega which family lore says was purchased in Germany either during or shortly after WWII and has been in our family ever since. He replaced the band for me, so i know it's not original. It's missing the "3" numeral on the face. My dad had it serviced a few years ago after my grandfather passed away, but couldn't remember or didn't get more information from the watch shop.

I'd like to know more about its provenance, valuation, and recommendations on if I should get it restored or treated in a special manner.
    front.jpg side.jpg back.jpg wrist.jpg

2. cristos71 Mar 6, 2017

Looks to me like a mid 40's "Omega Automatic" calibre 28.10. I'm not sure if these have a model reference number in the back or not. IIRC when I had one of these it just had a case serial number and no ref.

Unfortunately it has had a redial which will greatly affect its value, which as is I put under E450. The missing '3' is a shame, the only way to replace it would be to find another one from a loose dial with the same numerals.

Normal advice would be to look for a similar Omega dial for sale on Ebay as these numerals are quite common. As yours is a redial I can't say with certainty that your dials numerals are original Omega although from the picture they definitely could be.

3. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Mar 6, 2017

There is a hallmark on the back of one of the lugs, so if it was in fact purchased in Germany that would lead one to think the case is 18K gold.