Forums Latest Members
  1. AlphaOmega256 Mar 8, 2019

BCF9119A-5AF0-4F9E-BB60-61E5EC6BFA5E.jpeg Hey everyone, so I’m in a bit of a pickle here. A local thrift store here has an Omega watch up for sale, and it definitely caught my eye as I’ve never seen one with these markings before. Any advice on whether someone has seen it or knows anything about it? My initial thoughts were that it was circa 1952. I’ve just never seen the dial marking /brand that this one has. I only have the one picture as they won’t allow me to take it out of the case unless I win the auction in a few weeks. So the only photo I have is this one. Any advice would be greatly appreciated :)

2. chipsotoole Mar 8, 2019

These dials can't go 60 years and not look at least a little bit dirtied up. The mismatched hands look plain weird. The sponsorship logo at the bottom definitely looks later like the 70's or early 80s. The case is also in too good nick . We'd need a look inside and a view of the inside of the back plate to make any definitive statements...I'm thinking it might be a quartz deville watch from the 80's....I don't think it's worth very much. others will hazard more informed info.

connieseamaster and apsm100 like this.
  3. Hnansen Mar 8, 2019

What makes you think so?

As @chipsotoole says, its much, much newer. The style couldn't be farther away from how Omegas looked in the 50's :)
    I reckon its gold-plated and worth only a low amount. What are their estimate?

4. AlphaOmega256 Mar 8, 2019

TBH the only thing making me think initial 1950s was that it was put in a lot of other watches, Raymond Weil etc that were dated around the time. I completely defer to you guys as my vintage Omega knowledge is quite minimal. Starting bid is 50 Canadian dollars, I figure I may be able to get away with a winning bid of 200 or so. However it’s the sponsorship logo that I can’t find referenced anywhere on the bottom really throws me off. The initial attraction is definitely the honeycomb dial. Although not pictured, the crown looks to be in good spec as well. Worth to buy for that price?

5. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Mar 8, 2019

Looks quartz, opening bid is about the value.

Davidt likes this.
  6. AlphaOmega256 Mar 8, 2019

Really hey? Here I thought maybe a stumbled onto some unusual but valueable time piece:(

7. Davidt Mar 9, 2019

If I saw it for sale for £80 I'd keep walking.